SAU Community

Link Engine Management

']im well aware that they are pnp for the car they are made for, sk was saying that to make it pnp on nicks car, he would have to change a few things... thats no longer pnp is it

SK didnt say thats what you have to do to make it Plug and Play, he said thats the 'method' you have to use to make it work.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked into the r32 loom, theyre at a premium due to their repective ecu being able to be chipped, the few i did find had people asking ridiculous prices Certainly isnt a plug and play when you have to change looms, Esp when plugs need to be changed etc.

Nismoid, playing with a wiring loom is far from being 'just a few wires' its a godamn headache. Yet again please post or have those who have 'switched' looms post here.

Something to keep in mind is that if you have an R32 or car with a similar chipable ECU is just getting it re-tuned with a custom chip. If I remember correctly the factory ecu is at least as good as a PFC in terms of drivability.

This is probably only good for people like me who only intend to get the car tuned once or maybe twice but then again there are a lot of us who dont need to constantly retune the car.

I looked into the r32 loom, theyre at a premium due to their repective ecu being able to be chipped, the few i did find had people asking ridiculous prices  Certainly isnt a plug and play when you have to change looms, Esp when plugs need to be changed etc.  

Nismoid, playing with a wiring loom is far from being 'just a few wires'  its a godamn headache.  Yet again please post or have those who have 'switched' looms post here.

not getting a whole 32 loom.

playing with the existing one which is a few wires in terms of how many there are.

If people can get a 32 silver ECU to go on a red-top without too much hassle then it cant be hard or cost mega $$$

Getting back to Link ECU's, had on for bout 4 years. Had it on a manual 33 and auto 33. I have no problem admitting that i feel shattered, its been a ball breaker over the years to fine someone who can tune it. On both Manual and auto theres no bottom end, stalling the auto is gone revs stop going up after 1100rpm.

The problem lies in the tuning or lack of it available, i have taken it out and has been sitting on my shelf for over a year....actually if anyones interested i'll sell the focker, map sensor included obvisiously. So this from someone who has experienced it rather than debating wether its any good or not. Believe me, avoid the Link...damn just botched any chance of me selling it!