SAU Community

Drift Practice Night - Sunday 20th March, Full Lock Motorsport.

aKTiVE

Hey Guys,

For a change we are having the Drift Practice night on a Sunday night, so that all the people that want to compete but cant get there on time during the week can now have their chance !

When: 6pm - 10pm, Sunday 20th March 2005

Where: Calder Park, Calder Freeway, Keilor

Cost: $80 per driver (includes one pit crew entry), Spectators $10

How to enter: All entries will be taken at the gate. Entries will be capped at sixty. Those who arrive early will have priority.

Car Requirements: Cars must be of a safe and roadworthy standard. They must have working headlights and break lights. Fire extinguisher and roll cage are not essential but recommended. Seat belts must be working and of a safe standard, harness’s permitted. All lose items must be removed from the car. It is recommended that you remove your front bumper to avoid damaging it.

Driver Requirements: Drivers must be licensed. Drivers must wear long sleeve top and long pants made of natural fibers e.g. cotton. Helmets must also be worn and are available for hire at Calder Park for $20.

Do not wear shorts and a t-shirt we know its getting warmer but this is for your own safety.

Passengers: Passengers are strictly not permitted.

Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top three drifters on the night courtesy of Autobarn Sunbury . The top three drifters are decided by a top eight D1 style drift battle. The battle begins at 9:15pm presentations at 9:50pm.

Bryce Steele and the boys from Dr Rubber (Victoria Pde) will be there on March 20 with used and new rubber, if you are interested. Bryce will also have a truck with some race specific product for sale like helmets, gloves and even RON 110 fuel!!

Drift tyres will be available for sale and fitting at approximately $15 per tyre.

BEGINNERS

Remember the bottom section of the track will be open for practice for BEGINNERS ONLY, and we will close it at 9.15pm. Any beginners using this section of track are able to drive on the main circuit if they feel capable. Beginners will be instructed on how to drift by the Full Lock Drift Team/FLM Racing free of charge.

Hope to see you all there !

Did we speak tro one another? Should have said hello :cheers:

The guys running the day were friendly and despite my drifiting under yellows, didnt ream me like i was expecting once my shortcoming had been pointed out to me:(

Yeh, it was good fun...but christ its hard on the car. It was my first time ever trying to drift and found giving it a punt in 3rd gear on boost was way more dangerous then when sliding around in 2nd gear:(

I thiunk i spun more then any other car, winding down the boost and upping the rev limiter helped but i still sucked:(

Still good fun though. RowdyR32 was the grey R32 GTST with the RB26, and 46n2 was the white stocka GTST