SAU Community

why doesnt anyone wave in newcastle anymore?

NZM.031

thing with me is dat I see the person wavin at me, but I'm goin too fast and den too late to wave back :Oops:

no excuse to get snobbed at the lights tho. Waved at a guy in a 32 but he ignored me

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a wave from a custom Blue r33 GTST with veilside12 kid 'i think' the other week, it was nice because it hasn't happened for quite some time, I used to wave a lot but ended up not because most people don't. But ever now & again there's there nod or wave which is good. Depending on if I can see the person well enough will decide my ‘pre-emtive wave’ decision, if they look like a tossa heading down to the foreshore to pick up some 14 yr old poon, NO WAVE FOR YOU!

Also, if you street race, make sure you wave after your little run, regardless of car, I’ve had that with silvia’s & even holdens :| Good stuff :P

i found that when i first moved to newy was gettin alot of waves, so i joined in on the action... now not so much, but i usually do...just cos im that guy. Least you know if someone waves they'v prolly read this lol

Bring back the wave!!!

one word "COMPETITION"

I think it comes down to the fact

that alot of people are trying to out do

one another, plus the whole JEALOUS streak that comes out in all of us.

Instead of appreciating the fact that we all have one thing in common,

we all seem to be snobbing one another..

I'm a waver always have been.

So your guaranteed to get a wave out of me..

one word "COMPETITION"

I think it comes down to the fact

that alot of people are trying to out do

one another, plus the whole JEALOUS streak that comes out in all of us.

Instead of appreciating the fact that we all have one thing in common,

we all seem to be snobbing one another..

I'm a waver always have been.

So your guaranteed to get a wave out of me..

I am from Newcastle way, been cruising around there in my R33 since WEAPN was Maroon and ZAL-OOV was Yellow. Its been a while, yes it has but I think I can still put a post in here.

With regards to Waves, if I see a R30/31 in respectable condition, I will look first to see if the driver cares enough to look back and then offer a wave (or a nod) but always in conjunction with a smile. I appreciate anything from the Skyline family as well as all the other performance Nissans.

Yep definitly people getting snobby out there.... My mate with his MX83 Cressida has heaps of other mates with cressida's!! They are all fairly close.. They all know each other, hang out, help one another, go on cruises all the time and really get along.....

Why can't we be like that.. Ill admit some of my mates are f$*kd sometimes like "Errr what are you waving at him for!!" Im like naa man he's cool dont worry. But their like err your gay if you talk to em... I just tell em to shut up anyhow... Its very childish really......

ULOOOK you snobbed me heaps bad last thursday night at nobbys! Ive got a 33 gtst resprayed blue too, but with a cf bonnet and you looked at me like you wanted to stab me lol. looked at you to say hi then thought better of it haha.

Yeah its true the rejection thing, you feel heaps bad when you give someone a thumbs up and they just stare at you like your an idiot.

Yeah, definately..

I havnt been in for a while, been busy with work & doing my engine conversion. But on Sunday arvo, first time back, I waved to like every 31 to 33. The only person who even acknowledged was miiz_skyline :) Yeew!

But it's like, wtf? I'm just being polite, enjoying your car..

I think maybe some Skylines have fallen into the wrong hands..

All car enthusists & their cars should be respected, wheather you like the car or not. It's not a competition.

Edited by E.k

ULOOOK you snobbed me heaps bad last thursday night at nobbys! Ive got a 33 gtst resprayed blue too, but with a cf bonnet and you looked at me like you wanted to stab me lol. looked at you to say hi then thought better of it haha.

Yeah its true the rejection thing, you feel heaps bad when you give someone a thumbs up and they just stare at you like your an idiot.

LOL hahahahaa

ULOOK - What was the go with the cheeky smirk you gave me last sun in town ?? it was kinda weird lol

I dont wave to ppl anymore because my car is faster then theirs :rolleyes: nah just kiddin i wave heaps! Especially if someone waves at me

I just moved to newy and noticed ppl with lines wavin, freaked me out a lil at first too. Sorry to the ppl i didnt wave to, i'll wave next time. Im the snob in the silver 33, stock lookin!