SAU Community

D Day April 16th @ Autotech

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox, Frink and I will be working on the vids on Friday... We might chop up some small ones and post them here but thats really up to FoX not me, hes the one with all the cool software.

Footage is really good we watched it yesterday, should be a great DVD

im debating whether or not to put the dyno day on one DVD then another event on another DVD, or if we should cram it all together on one DVD? maybe we'll do both.

we need to get shirts made up that say SAU Film Crew, or SAU Media. he he

Yeah shirts that say "Get the F*ck out of my shot!":)

I think cos its going to take a while to edit the footage that we should put whatever else we get from cruising and sh*t, fatten it out abit.

• 2 months later...

And now to dig up an old thread.....

Mick (R31DET), Luke (Frink) and I have been working on the video footage, and as I promised Jayce earlier tonight at trivia, here is a snippet from it.

It's a section from the very beginning of the film, Leech's first power run (not giving away the result for those that don't know what it was).

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bluprint/Leech1.wmv

We're going to continue on it until it's done, hopefully shouldn't be too much longer.

Sorry about the wait so far.

YOU DA MAN Mark, Mick and luke. And looking at that video that seems to indicate that my car is not capped to the 180km going off the fact that it was well over the top of my speedo... interesting very interesting superfly i can race you guys now hehe

Leigh

And now to dig up an old thread.....

Mick (R31DET), Luke (Frink) and I have been working on the video footage, and as I promised Jayce earlier tonight at trivia, here is a snippet from it.

It's a section from the very beginning of the film, Leech's first power run (not giving away the result for those that don't know what it was).

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bluprint/Leech1.wmv

We're going to continue on it until it's done, hopefully shouldn't be too much longer.

Sorry about the wait so far.

YOU DA MAN Mark, Mick and luke. And looking at that video that seems to indicate that my car is not capped to the 180km going off the fact that it was well over the top of my speedo... interesting very interesting superfly i can race you guys now hehe

Leigh

Good point, someones either cut the wire or aftermarket/chipped ecu. Pull the passanger footwell kickpanel off and see if theres a pretty sticker on it.

Good point, someones either cut the wire or aftermarket/chipped ecu. Pull the passanger footwell kickpanel off and see if theres a pretty sticker on it.

Given that the car is supposed to be a stock series 2 R33, the lack of a speed limiter (and rev limiter?), and most importantly the power output that it produced, especially on it's second run, I'd quite confidently lean towards the idea that the ECU has been tinkered with somewhat

hmm interesting we pulled off the kick panel to rig up the wire for the afr gauge and it looked stock to me. Maybe i might have to have another look at it ??? off the top of your head do you know which wire i should be looking for that is the speed limit cut off. Also mark the rev limiter is still in place as it hits the cut at i think at either 7,500rpm - 8000rpm but woot as i said i had never taken it above 170 so to see it do that is a good sign that

it can cope with a bit more boost, getting to the rev limiter and by the looks of it around 200 - 205km's

so to see it do that is a good sign that it can cope with a bit more boost

I wouldnt be too confident on that. Most jap 'fiddled' ecu's are fine for stock boost levels on our shitty fuel, but they crank massive amounts of ignition timing into them for standard boost (which in turn, makes them more responsive and make lots of power). As soon as you wind the boost up, added with the way-to-advanced ignition timing, you'll end up with a dead engine. Or at least thats how it works with alot of aftermarket GTR computers. Before winding boost up id get it on a dyno to have AFR's and ignition timing checked, and make sure the tuner has det ears on to hear if theres any unwanted gremlins in the engine (aka detonation).

I was pretty sure RB25 standard rev limit was 6900rpm? I know RB26 is 8250rpm and the 25 is a good 1000rpm lower than that. Id definately be saying aftermarket computer, but it doesnt make sense with the rest of your car being stock standard... wire #53 is the speed cut wire. Pull the kick panel off, unplug the loom and take the computer out. I wouldnt be suprised to see a pretty Mines sticker or similar on the back of it.

I wouldnt be too confident on that. Most jap 'fiddled' ecu's are fine for stock boost levels on our shitty fuel, but they crank massive amounts of ignition timing into them for standard boost (which in turn, makes them more responsive and make lots of power). As soon as you wind the boost up, added with the way-to-advanced ignition timing, you'll end up with a dead engine. Or at least thats how it works with alot of aftermarket GTR computers. Before winding boost up id get it on a dyno to have AFR's and ignition timing checked, and make sure the tuner has det ears on to hear if theres any unwanted gremlins in the engine (aka detonation).

I was pretty sure RB25 standard rev limit was 6900rpm? I know RB26 is 8250rpm and the 25 is a good 1000rpm lower than that. Id definately be saying aftermarket computer, but it doesnt make sense with the rest of your car being stock standard... wire #53 is the speed cut wire. Pull the kick panel off, unplug the loom and take the computer out. I wouldnt be suprised to see a pretty Mines sticker or similar on the back of it.

interesting... maybe i am way off or something i dont have the car on me today but when i get home i might do some investigation. also maybe you are right about the rev limiter in terms of being limited to 6900 - 7000rpm personally i still think my car has the stock ecu but i guess we will wait and see.

also in regards to me getting the air/fuel rations checked already had that done on the last dyno run was around 10.5:1 i think it was which was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to rich.

ewen do you have your car here today let me go have a look at the tacho :)

interesting... maybe i am way off or something i dont have the car on me today but when i get home i might do some investigation. also maybe you are right about the rev limiter in terms of being limited to 6900 - 7000rpm personally i still think my car has the stock ecu but i guess we will wait and see.

also in regards to me getting the air/fuel rations checked already had that done on the last dyno run was around 10.5:1 i think it was which was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to rich.

ewen do you have your car here today let me go have a look at the tacho :rofl:

Definately starting to sound like a chipped ECU. Thats what the japs do, advance ignition timing like crazy and make the car run overly rich so it doesnt detonate. Keep in mind though, they use 100RON fuel, we use 98RON. No 180 speed cut definately means speed wire has been cut or the ECU has been modified.