SAU Community

crash on eastern freeway

_turtle_

hey guys just got back home, driving on the eastern freeway from the springvale rd entrance going towards the city there was a crash. near the bends where the entrance starts, from what i could see it was a R33 skyline, hope its not anyone here and dat there were no serious injuries.

must've lost it in the wet or something.

I'm now commuting on the Eastern Freeway daily, and I've seen a new smashed car (nothing too serious) EVERY day since mid last week!!! That's about 7 smashed cars.

There was also what looked to be an offset head-on at the intersection of Springvale Rd and Burwood Hwy in peak hour yesterday. The front end of a red VT was caved in and the ambos were attending.... don't think it was so bad though, but the scene was quite crowded with emegency vehicles.

mark

Prolly that left turn from springvale into burwood hwy going towards knox... people don't watch...kain through and either get collected by thru traffic or those turning right.

Even I'll admit I've almost done it a few times while not looking properly, but not for a few years.

Speaking of that intersection, I saw a cool little drag there on sunday night coming back home.. One guy in an old Valiant ute, one guy in a newish S or SS Ute, and one VP common-dore (5L or so). All deliberately got into separate lanes and started revving. The crappy val ute did pretty well, and kept nearly up with the SS(?) for most of the way...VN got its ass kicked not surprisingly.

Pity I'm only 2 weeks away from my skyline and could'a kicked em all :(

no u wouldnt cause being a responsible skyline driver u wouldnt partake in such activity... :(

save it for the strip or u'll end up like the guy whos car this thread was created about

speaking on the topic of merging lanes, has anyone tried going onto the eastern freeway from the bulleen rd entrance going towards springvale rd?? theres these gay sets of traffic lights there, and they turn green for like 1 sec!!!! then go red again, i reckon they're ridiculous. its 2 lanes and merges into 1 and then onto the freeway, u gotta hammer it down to get to 100 so that u can merge safely.

so dumb.

Originally posted by _turtle_

speaking on the topic of merging lanes, has anyone tried going onto the eastern freeway from the bulleen rd entrance going towards springvale rd?? theres these gay sets of traffic lights there, and they turn green for like 1 sec!!!!  then go red again, i reckon they're ridiculous.  its 2 lanes and merges into 1 and then onto the freeway, u gotta hammer it down to get to 100 so that u can merge safely.  

so dumb.

If you go from Downtown towards Springvale Rd exit on peak hours, then you would know that the GAY LIGHTS make a whole lot of difference. It eases the traffic and reduces the jam by a mile!

And I don't think you have to rev really hard to get into 100 zone, 'coz in peak hours you're not gonna reach that speed anyway... Besides, I hardly find myself having to rev that hard to merge safely...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by _turtle_

theres these gay sets of traffic lights there, and they turn green for like 1 sec!!!!  then go red again, i reckon they're ridiculous.  its 2 lanes and merges into 1 and then onto the freeway, u gotta hammer it down to get to 100 so that u can merge safely.  

so dumb.

Lol if you've ever noticed those lights let 2 cars in at a time, so you're always goin into the freeway in pairs... and the lights... well me n most of my mates line up at the lights to test our reaction times and to see who can get the the merging point faster, then the person who's behind lets the other in front and we both merge happily (we don't play chicken)...

its the maddest set of lights ever... hours (actually 1 minute) of fun...