SAU Community

Girl needs Help

Bekkyboop

Hey,

Im new to this forum and wondered if i could get some help with my car. I have a 78 2 door Skyline - im not too sure about anything about it.... how many ppl have this model cause i have only ever seen 1 other the same. I just want to know any specifics that i should know about it. Going through plans at the moment to drop a new motor in her, so any advice on that would be great.

Any help would be most appreciated....

Bekky

Hey Bekky, welcome to the forum. All the help in the world is right here. :cheers:

Expect all the help you need plus, given what you've said probably a few marriage proposals.

I dont suppose you could put up some pictures?

Of the car, I mean. ;)

And what kind of engine will you be transplanting into it, will you be doing it yourself?

Lol - thanks for the warm welcome ;)

Umm here is a few - she needs a wash and then ill get some better shots of her.

She is complete stock - been in our family since new - gets passed onto each generation. But for her age she is in pretty good nick...

Believe me ill be on here crying for help next time she decides to die in the middle of the intersection on me again...

Ummm as for the engine... my brother is a maunal mechanic and has been playing with the idea for awhile. As i share the car with my dad, he is financing the option, and he isnt thrilled with the idea of turbos... :D So im not sure beyond that at the moment.

Bekky

:cheers:

wow, that C210 looks awesome... does it still have a L24E or an L20 engine in it? As for transplants, dunno if it'll sit well with the purists, but an RB20DE or RB25DE engine dosen't cost much these days and could make it a more reliable setup.

:wassup: good to see some older tin in this palce..... even better with some wantanbees and maybe a 2 inch lowering. give it a electronic ingintion from a 280zx and a decent set of extractors/ exhaust with a set of tripple 40mm webber side drafts. she be a lovely lil weapon that will be a bit of a head turner............

Respect to ya, keep it real!

wow, that C210 looks awesome....

Well thx - she is well loved....

does it still have a L24E or an L20 engine in it?

ummm ... :Oops: I am not sure... i know its the 2.4 - Ill have to do more research i know, im seeming alittle dumb when it comes to my car lately.

Bek

heres my advice drop a rb26dett in it if you have the cash if not if it aint broke dont fix it

do you do peeles in it ?

Yeah i thought about that... I am wanting to update it with a injected unleaded motor - but yeah i might just wait till she needs fixing...

yes i do peelies in it from time to time... hmmmm somebody knows tamworth....

Bek, that car is dope! I love it, nice body. Very straight..

rb25de for sure, especially if your dad is against turbos. That engine wouldnt tear your chassis in half either.

Gtr engine is a bit of overkill :D

rb25de for sure, That engine wouldnt tear your chassis in half either.

Ummm...dude i have a v8 in mine and it hasnt even come close to busting the chassis

Gtr engine is a bit of overkill :)

AND im taking the v8 out and fitting a gt-r engine.....:)

:D

lol - yeah i do take care of her, and no i dont do too many 'peelies' in her. I get driven around by my mates... We have a 96 TE magna that we drive around mostly... So Kermie (my car) gets left at home.

Thanks all for the great comments, i didnt think many more ppl would have the love for her that i do :D

lol - yeah i do take care of her, and no i dont do too many 'peelies' in her. I get driven around by my mates... We have a 96 TE magna that we drive around mostly... So Kermie (my car) gets left at home.

Thanks all for the great comments, i didnt think many more ppl would have the love for her that i do :D

Hi, great to hear that your car has been owned from new (family), not many people would have a '78 C210 from new. With regard to an engine conversion, i know from experience an RB20det red nics performed quite well for the relative weight of the C210, but that was 5 years ago and the motor is rare (good motor)with parts also rare (esp air flow meter) these days. On the plus side, it fitted in perfectly except for engine mount (you had to whack in one-side of the engine mount bolt as it was approx 10 mm out). I have, at the moment, a 4 door in good condition which i am planning to put in an rb20det silver from r32. The engine is much cheaper these days and parts a common. Total cost would be about $3000 fully complianced.

Best of luck with your car. Also, upgrade your front brakes and shocks also if having more power. Also fit a bigger radiator from a datsun bluebird, because they cool a bit better.

Hi there Bekky.

Problem with dropping a RB series engine is the requirement for a new gearbox, then a new tailshaft, then a new...

EFI is certainly the way to go - what about rebuilding a 280ZX L28 EFI engine. It will slot straight in. But still needs stuff, like a wiring loom, an EFI pump. But might be a nice sleeper.

thx Greg - I havent really done much research into it yet. The engine that is in it at the moment is still in pretty good nick - she still performs quite well. I only really want it to be EFI so the 280zx might be a good option.

I really want to get the suspention fixed at the moment as it really needs it. But for the moment i dont think much will go on with it.

Thx for all your help :(