SAU Community

Easternats

wsln33

Hey guys was out at the nats on the weekend and saw some pretty impressive skylines, most of which were showing the v8 boys a thing or two

was wondering if any1 had any pics to post

Did anyone get any hassles from the boys in blue?

we stood out the front and watched even the most standard of cars gettin defected for the hell of it. cars were just cruising out and gettin pulled over

Kind of discouraging us by doing the right thing and doing it on the track, not the streets.

Yeah the last standing skyline was my mates R33, its silver with black bonnet. It was a last minute decision to enter it glad we did though. We just got it back from JPC in thomastown pretty happy with the result dynoed at 310rwkw on 17psi only problem was we bought one of those cheap OBX regulators, it was shit so just bought a sard one and we r going back for a another tune. We were told that with all the mods we have including internals he reckons we'll get 370rwkw on pump fuel. The last run we had the tyre pressure was on 14psi so too much wheel spin, and didn't have a tyre pressure gauge so stuffed up. But next year it would be better if more imports came along but considering their was only probably 10% imports the skylines did really well.

• 2 years later...

Is anyone going tommorrow?

I am taking photos for wheatley productions (the company that make the Easternats DVD, really good people) so if anyone is going tell me and I will make sure I get some good shots.

Is it the non bug eye WRX with the carbon fibre bonnet scoop?

I saw that today, it was mint. I will be around the outside pits near a blue HQ Statesman, green rodeo on airbags and a yellow corrolla and I will be wearing a yellow officials vest. Come and grab me and i'll take some photos.

Cheers

James

hey sky^rkt you wernt goin round the track in the morning in a black 32 were you? the white gc rexy with the carbon fibre scoop?.. it had some balls considering it had 4 ppl in the car :| i seen the r32 GTR [GOD2LA].. looked very clean. i took a few snaps of different cars during the day if anyone wants a geez.

my cousin owns the r32 he was using my plates i took it around sometimes for abit of drifting showed the v8s how to go sideways even with a catback and stock boost haha. yes the wrx is my best mates i took it out today. it is quick 20psi running through it handles likes its on rails. absolutely creamed alot of v8s round the track got told off for 'drifting' and speeding on the back straight. who needs to brake at the tyre barriers :)

my cousin owns the r32 he was using my plates i took it around sometimes for abit of drifting showed the v8s how to go sideways even with a catback and stock boost haha. yes the wrx is my best mates i took it out today. it is quick 20psi running through it handles likes its on rails. absolutely creamed alot of v8s round the track got told off for 'drifting' and speeding on the back straight. who needs to brake at the tyre barriers :)

yea saw it on the news just then as they (the guys whos car cought fire) is complaing it took to long to put out 4min responce time.

i say why didn't you have fire exstingusher (i cant spell) and why didn't you go over the car before it hit the track. now he might have done these things and yes these things do happen.

well im going to get my self a fire bottle quick smart

I was in ma mates VL. Man that lil GSR boogies. And the white r33 with stockies ono the back WOW that had some balls. Was good weekend. Just wish the drift was a bit more governed to DRIFT not jsut demo's.

yeah we figured as such so didnt bother taking any of the cars down there.... if they get their shit together we would consider bringing some decent drift cars.