SAU Community

My new job :) 56k a few pics

Driver

or the snakes... they're always good to find outside your door at 5am..

or in your boots.

nice work getting the job.

gotta love the 6in layer of dust inside the pc's. ahh mine site IT is pretty fun.

it was funny this morning, at the breakfast hall there is a mum kangaroo with a joey in its pouch - and it just sits right next to ya legs.. hoping it might get some food haha

the joey gives u that baby cute face to make u feel sorry for them.. but my food is more important!! :elaugh:

it was funny this morning, at the breakfast hall there is a mum kangaroo with a joey in its pouch - and it just sits right next to ya legs.. hoping it might get some food haha

the joey gives u that baby cute face to make u feel sorry for them.. but my food is more important!!  :elaugh:

yeah the wildlife is pretty funny and cute out here.

we range from camels, brumbies (wild horses), bungarrows (big big lizards), sheep, cattle, mill workers (heh heh mining joke), ferral cops, emu's, kangaroos, rabbits.

best sight the other day was a huge wedgetail eagle feeding off some roadkill on the road.

the food is free.. give it some then get some more! :cheers::( well unless your living locally.

cool mining job, decent money there and you are in IT so i'm assuming you'd be in a room with aircon.

if i knew more about networking i'd apply for those but Win NT and basic workgroup is the extent of my knowledge. why couldn't i ever get LInux to work dammit.

cool mining job, decent money there and you are in IT so i'm assuming you'd be in a room with aircon.

if i knew more about networking i'd apply for those but Win NT and basic workgroup is the extent of my knowledge. why couldn't i ever get LInux to work dammit.

haha

ive never used linux before.. or even seen a computer with linux!!

yea all offices have aircons as these rooms get the same temp as outside.

i must say i never thought ild ever like to work but this place rocks!

so much cool stuff goin on.

• 3 weeks later...

nah..no-one really knows just yet. Depends if CSC (BHPs outsourcer) require staff. Im sure they will pull some staff with WMC knowledge...even though I hear they want to implement their systems and ditch WMC/Unisys's.

Not that I care anyway! I just resigned !! Off to Rio Tinto

Working for an outsourcing company sucks hard.

Cam...yeah. Ive done about 4 years with WMC at kwinana/city/rivervale/leederville(unisys) with some stints at Mt Keith.

I just resigned and my final day is ..gulp** friday the 13th - then i start with Rio on the 16th.

Which company and site are you at?