SAU Community

dutton rally !! this weekend

giant

Well done Russell... Doing us proud!

Exhaust problems at DP have been a long and ongoing problem... Stupid bloody situation surrounding it... I did see a bin with a "Noise Testing Device" sticker strategically located on it :D

Thanks guys

yeah they offered me the thongs too!!

the first time for the noise test we were 88 dba at idle! hehe

and 106 dba at 3000rpm! i dont know why they said go away? lol

i really have the race bug now.

thanks for the comments

cheers russell

Thanks guys

yeah they offered me the thongs too!!

the first time for the noise test we were 88 dba at idle! hehe

and 106 dba at 3000rpm! i dont know why they said go away? lol

i really have the race bug now.

thanks for the comments  

cheers russell

the ferarri guy was way more unhappy than anyone else, understandable though he reckons "it was that loud from stock" and I wouldnt want to be shoving anything down my $300k car's exhaust either lol.

Wow what an awesome event, so far my favorite!

Best we I could manage was 12.3 for the 1/4, Russ didn't see which way you went mate.... don't suppose your interested in some big brakes mate? AP 6's?

I'd encourage anyone keen to test there car and skills out to head to NSW for the 2nd rally in June, heaps of fun and good times after the driving finishes each day.

Cheers

Simmo

We did really well mate, outright driver and co driver, and outright team.

The times don't take your reaction time into account for some reason, so we're probably a little slower.

So you coming to NSW? Should be a huge event this year.

hahaha I should know to check the results first with you guys! Well done, again :rofl:

Unfortunately we won't be making the NSW one after all, we've got a wedding that weekend. I did tell them Dutton was on but for some reason they still wouldn't cancel :confused:

Will try and make it along for a look-see though

well done simmo

you guys at the front were really driving well, consistently!!!

i have alot to learn, about driving neatly & fast!

also simmo i am very interested in some 6 piston calipers( i have been checking out the 6 pot porsche set ups today) , trying to organize some now.

please email me or phone me if you have any brakes or contacts!

once again great drive, i had more fun than anything else i have done!

i will try and be in sydney but i need BRAKES, a proper box( none for six weeks, ppg) and a seat with a harness preferably.

cheers Russell

[email protected]

0417 768 799

• 4 weeks later...
Did you guys all get your photos ???

Hope you liked them..

41846541.jpg

41846511.jpg

41806092.jpg

41806180.jpg

41792572.jpg

41823312.jpg

41806960.jpg

plus loooooooooooots more

yeah just got the photos, they are great.

wow nice skyline !! LOL

BUT I AM A BIT BIAS!!

bastard evo was too quick for me! i must learn not to hit witches hats. :Oops:

well the car is coming along nicely for second round in N.S.W, (car 40)

new brakes( ap 6 piston, 365 rotors thanks to simmo :) ), new gearbox 5 speed dog box ppg, torque split controller, gonzo exhaust, recaro seat and harness

( hehe, kept falling out of seat), new radiator & thermo's, new anti lag between gears, 18" gtr r34 wheels, swaybars, a bit morepower. and an esky for the credit card.

cheers russell

Awesome...

Now that I know you are from here - I'll make sure we try and get heaps more pics for you....

BTW, is Your GT-R the Ex Autotek one, or did you buy it from a dude on the Central Coast NSW ?? - There are not many Green ones, and I only ever managed to find 3 in the country..

Awesome...

Now that I know you are from here - I'll make sure we try and get heaps more pics for you....

BTW, is Your GT-R the Ex Autotek one, or did you buy it from a dude on the Central Coast NSW ?? - There are not many Green ones, and I only ever managed to find 3 in the country..

I bought the car with a blown engine(now is N1 engine) from a guy locally here in brissy, he had been pretty rough with the car, so it has taken considerable time & money to get it back to top condition. thanks for the pics.

Cheers Russell