SAU Community

32 help please

hi next car im pretty set on a r32 for now and got a few Q's want to get one as cheap as possible but would prefer to pay more for a better condition one thought bout gettin an auto and doing a conversion or even gettin a non turbo from and doin a conversion as yahoo sell them around 4500 how hard would this be to do and have it all legal??or would it be easier to just buy an r33

i also want to make at least 225rwkw car will be used for street only just for my fun so reliability must be kept also so far ive got the list to do as 3inch zorst, 13bt rotor injectors, fmic (gtr maybe) bosch pump, what turbo to use and what computor say gredy emanage do or have to got to apex pfc??

i want to keep car legal as possible and only do it up performance wise mainly for some fun for a few yrswhile i get a house so its not somethin i need to go spending big dollers on sopnething i dont really need

any help would be great cheers

this in the right section???

hi next car im pretty set on a r32 for now and got a few Q's want to get one as cheap as possible but would prefer to pay more for a better condition one thought bout gettin an auto and doing a conversion or even gettin a non turbo from and doin a conversion as yahoo sell them around 4500 how hard would this be to do and have it all legal??or would it be easier to just buy an r33

i also want to make at least 225rwkw car will be used for street only just for my fun so reliability must be kept also so far ive got the list to do as 3inch zorst, 13bt rotor injectors, fmic (gtr maybe) bosch pump, what turbo to use and what computor say gredy emanage do or have to got to apex pfc??  

i want to keep car legal as possible and only do it up performance wise mainly for some fun for a few yrswhile i get a house so its not somethin i need to go spending big dollers on sopnething i dont really need

any help would be great cheers

this in the right section???

Hey mate - there is only one way you are going to be able to import your own R32 and that is through one of the brokers who haev already bought cars and they are 'in stock'. DOTARS have effictivly stopped the 15yr old rule.

I would suggest that you look locally at the R32's and the R33's that are available. Try www.carsales.com, I was looking there yesterday and there is 9 pages of cars :headspin: Follow these rules

1. get a manual, don't look for a cheap auto to convert ($$$)

2. Stick to your purchasing budget (most of the good manual R33's seemed to average about $17k+)

3. get an apexi PFC - they can be had for $1000 now!!!

4. get new injectors that suit your car, someone on the forums got reconditioned and hiflowed units fromthe states for ~$500. you might get new Sard units for $650 ~600cc

5. get a 3 or 3.5 inch exhaust from the turbo back (you can get these S/H from your friends on the forums). Note - most systems are from the cat back

6. get a decent cat (not a generic hi-flow), I use an Andretti magnaflow 3in (from the US).

7. get a HKS 2540, or GT-RS turbo (you might be lucky enough to find one S/H from here)

8. bosch 044 pump (again - seek the forums)

9. hybrid front mount intercooler (cheaper than the GTR unit) yawn - forums...

10. enjoy your easy 250rwkw on low boost....

If you are a smarty shopper, you may be able to pick up a modded example, but be VERY careful that it is modded right - get someone from a shop that knows skylines to check it out. The $150 - $200 you spend could save you a lot of time, worry and money.

if you need to know anything else, PM me as I rarely get in this section.

Cheers

mate...200rwkw is plenty on the streets....if it's for street use only I'd recommend a higher average power rather than a high power at one rpm point (I remember SydneyKid saying something like that). 225rwkw on a RB20 is laggy...

IF you're gonna do a conversion make sure you get some more cubes. RB25 or RB30...