SAU Community

Fs: Attessa Controllers $350

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

The instructions talk about a Blue/Yellow, Orange/Black and White/Blue wires. I don't have any of these!

Instead, I have

Green,

White,

Red,

Black,

Black/White

on what I think is the plug to the G-sensor.

I've attached pictures of the wires to/from the sockets/plugs to give you some bearings. Car is a R34 GTR Vspec II.

Hope you can help :D

post-582-1200717042_thumb.jpg

post-582-1200717073_thumb.jpg

post-582-1200717154_thumb.jpg

post-582-1200717174_thumb.jpg

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ahh good point. r34 and w34 stagea have different wiring colours to r32/r33. I didn't get the wire colours from the last person who installed one so I will track them down now....if not I will take you through tracing it.

will get back to you as soon as i get the details

cheers,

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

I found a wiring diagram in an R34 GTR Service Supplement for the Attessa ET-S Pro system.

Based on the diagram, but correct me if I am wrong, the connections should be:

1. Side G Sensor is RED (no. 6 on plug-side).

2. Power is WHITE (no. 12 on plug-side).

3. Gnd is GREEN or BLACK/WHITE (no. 16 or xx on plug-side).

Will wait for you to confirm before installing :)

post-582-1200789696_thumb.jpg

I'm happy to report that it is now installed in an R34 GTR VSpec II. After a short 20min drive in the wet, I can definitely say that the FWD kicks in alot earlier and harder than before, but it was hard to notice until you really cranked the system up to 10. I'll put this down to my gutless driving. So that being said, I think this unit will let me explore the Attessa features without having to take a corner as hard as you would normally. Great fun, worth the money, and I reckon the best way to get the most out of your GTR. :thumbsup:

Things to note. On my controller,

- Solid Green, Level 10, is sweet!

- Solid RED, RWD only, does nothing, and based on what I've read on SAU, not something I should even be trying!

- Blinking RED, 50/50 mode, appears to do nothing as well.

Instructions for Attessa ET-S Pro.

- As per previous posts.

Instructions were incorrect for switch wiring. I found this works.

- Blue wire to 1b.

- Black wire to 1.

- White wire to 1a.

Attached are pictures of the install, if you're interested.

Controller unit mounted under the drink holder. You'll notice a little pocket there in one of the images.

Button and LED will most likely be mounted on the DIN panel below the headunit.

Wiring all wrapped in electrical tape, cos I'm paranoid about the transmission heat.

post-582-1200861255_thumb.jpg

post-582-1200861274_thumb.jpg

post-582-1200861510_thumb.jpg

post-582-1200861542_thumb.jpg

Good to hear you are happy Jim, and sorry about the wiring issues.

Re the "in between" modes, ie LED flashing between 1-10 they are where the real adjustability of the controller is, particularly for track work. I guess the difference in your case is by the time nissan got around to building the 34 vspec 2 they were already running significant front torque from the factory, way more than the 32 system did. So the controller is more effective on the older models but will make a difference on all of them.

received mine today, thanks Duncan

installing it on saturday :)

while im here, how would you go about setting it up? what i mean is theres only a switch so how would i go about setting it at say 4?

added.....i just checked the switch and its not an on/off swtich....so does that mean i just flick it and see how many times it blinks :P

hi all,

just bought one of the last ever units from duncan and unfortunately something else has come up that I think is more useful for me (at this stage in mods)

wish i had money for both but what can you do.

so, if anyone missed out and wants one....I have it and its for sale for the same price I paid Duncan which was $350 posted.

just pm me or feel free to give me a call on 0403008586

pickup in belmore is ok.

cheers

jeff