• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALso....

I know of a friend that had a gtr r32  

Mods:  

- Full exhaust

- Pod filters

- Clutch had been done (Not sure which one)

he pulled the hoses off the turbo's So he was running max boost

Did several 11.7-11.9sec passes...

But he eventually Killed the motor...

Wow, we have a winner :uhh:

he pulled the hoses off the turbo's So he was running max boost

Did several 11.7-11.9sec passes...

But he eventually Killed the motor...

Haha.... this sounds like the josh (nismo_boy) method of raising boost on a budget.:idea:

Profile is actually a percentage of the tyre width. Which is why when you go wider your profile has to be lower (percentage) to keep the right rolling diameter.

Exactly what i was trying to say :D

• 3 years later...

ive got an r32 gtr n1s, boost control and a vipec ecu, thinking about getting my tuner to turn on launch control, not shore what to expect and also where to set it. ie rpm v boost. has anyone used one?

• 1 month later...

i have stock turbos on my r32 best is a 12.0

i was taking off at about 6500rpm....

side step i did a 12.1 first pass and got excited so i stepped of it at 7000rpm just spun all fours for first gear and ran a 12.8 haha

i have semi slicks to go on now 245s....

so ill run low psi in them and do a 8000rpm take off and see how it goes! should be easy 11s my best kmh was 181

its making 262rwkw on only 13psi!!! i also use the stock gtr rims.....

• 2 months later...

Best method for launch I have found is to roll in using the handbrake, pulling it up just enough to control your speed into stage, one fully staged, hold it up hard, have the clutch just starting to bite, as soon as the first orange comes on, go flat to the floor on the throttle and you'll get 2 or 3 good bangs off the rev limiter before you dump the clutch and handbrake at the same time.

Best 60ft with this method in a 1740kg GTR (full street weight with extras and 105kg driver) on DOT tyres is 1.39 Never broken a stock axle or diff.

Rob

• 1 month later...
Best method for launch I have found is to roll in using the handbrake, pulling it up just enough to control your speed into stage, one fully staged, hold it up hard, have the clutch just starting to bite, as soon as the first orange comes on, go flat to the floor on the throttle and you'll get 2 or 3 good bangs off the rev limiter before you dump the clutch and handbrake at the same time.

Best 60ft with this method in a 1740kg GTR (full street weight with extras and 105kg driver) on DOT tyres is 1.39 Never broken a stock axle or diff.

Rob

Do you use GRID Dancer or HKS split for make your fantastic burnouts on blue R34 ?