SAU Community

Wakefield Park lap times.

ApleX

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best time is 1:16. Went out yesterday but only managed a 1:20 (consistant tho).. My brake pads where cheap and nasty (aka.. fadeeee so I was braking very early)... plus my tyres can't put the power to the road or grip well under brakes.. all in all not too bad at all! merli is right, its easier to drive a slower car fast! My accerator pedal was like a handbrake!

I had a ball.. Was a little frustrated about the brakes being spungy and a bit meh but the car was running better than it ever has! Was weird to be back out on the track, its been a while.

I will swap out the pads for sbs ceramic pads, flush the fluid again (did it on saturday) and then throw on some decent tyres and aim to better my 1:16.. which should not be too hard.

I heard a few good things about those SBS pads yesterday from various drivers. About $290/set by the looks of it.

Bendix are a street pad, they hold up to wakefield park "okay" but you need to give them a rest every few laps.

however they chew the rotors ALOT more than most other pads. So yeah you save on pads but your rotors wont last as long.. meh

I used race brakes RB74 and they where fantastic, the sbs are better again. You get what you pay for, i was racing on $150 pads on the weekend and will change to the sbs pads ASAP!

With the rb74's my car was on the track at wakefield for a full hour (first me driving 20 minutes, then someone else then me again.)

no just fronts

for that kind of money you may as well fork out another $30 for Project Mu HC Titan Kai Pads. One of THE BEST pads you will ever come across and that's speaking from first hand experience. They work from cold and are rated to 800 Degrees. This is awesome for a performance pad considering Endless's top of the line CC-R pads work in a heat range of 150 ~ 800 Degrees.

Project Mu pads are also readily available in Australia.

you wont look back

I have never heard of these Project Mu HC Titan Kai Pads.. Probably because it sounds like a Anime Movie not a brake pad.. lol

I am keen to try ferodo's higher end pads in my car one day.

What material are those Project Mu pads?

ahh I recognise that logo (project mu).. saw alot of that in japan.. Might have to try them out in my travels for a better pad.

Who is the aussie disty?

450 for braided lines aint too bad, but the nismo item from nengun is less than $300 delivered.. hrm.. *adds to basket*

450 for braided lines aint too bad, but the nismo item from nengun is less than $300 delivered.. hrm.. *adds to basket*

gotta make sure they are ADR approved, apparently that can be a problem.

on brakes I just fitted a set of Nismo lines I picked up in japan. having previously bought aus made ADR approved lines I can say that the nismo ones are much nicer still. they are a teflon line covered by a stainless steel braid which is then sheathed in teflon covering. this prevents dirt working into the braid which can be a problem. oh and they were about half that $450 price....

also I bought some Endless brake pads whilst in japan which I'll whack in this week. the GTR already has endless pads on the rear and I dunno whats on the front. it stops very well but needs 1 or 2 stops when cold to start working.

I have previously found the Endless pads to be excellent. have also tried some project mu's but can't remeber which type (they have quite a few). they were quite good too.