SAU Community

Epa

Ait

Hi guys, I just got served an EPA notice. Blah blah yada yada saying my car was too noisy and was reported by a member of the Victorian Police. I honestly do not think my car is that loud and I mean really.

Question is, could somebody (a member of the public) have reported this to the police who then reported it to EPA? Or it's true that some cop did this? If it was a cop, wouldn't they have pulled me over straight away?

It's just a warning for now, but says that if I get reported again then my car's due for tests. WTF?!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo

a few months ago I got the same letter excpet mine said i had to go and get my car checked out, how come you get a warning and i didnt??? :P

oh it also said a member of the police force... but i have my doubts, i think one of my neighbours may have complained about it and they put member of the police force on the letter to keep the peace,,,if you know what i mean!!!

ps: three words, epa are faggots

i live 2 houses down from a cop and accidentally did a burnout around the corner near his house and still havent had any repercussions...

yes u heard me accident... it was an accident cause i forgot he lived there and was showing my friend the.... acceleration... of the car.

yes u heard me accident... it was an accident cause i forgot he lived there and was showing my friend the.... acceleration... of the car

i understand, the same thing happened to me today! with the acceleration part except i was practiacing my launches.

Depends on the exhaust I think. While you can get plenty of systems of big ass width, many are louder than others. If you have a "look at me, you can hear me coming from 500m away" then you're going to attract attention, either good or bad. If it happens to be a cop well trouble.

If you are silly enough to rev the crap out of it in your own street, before at least waiting till you're on a main stretch of road, then you're asking for trouble ! And if its late at night or early morning then that's going to annoy most people if they're trying to sleep...

Never mind the f*cksh*t trying to mow the lawn at 7am on a Sunday morning which is equally annoying after a night on the piss, but you know - cops won't do anything about that.

yeah there was some idiot chopping down a tree at 4am the other night.... i was going to go down and smash his face with my baseball bat.... then i remembered the chainsaws hurt and chop thru wooden bats.... and decided to let him be :P

one thing i love about my exhaust is that its so quiet... within reason.

Ait: That's DODGY!!! there's NO WAY your car is over the limit!!! GRRR..... Don't worry bout it anyways..... If they do send you another notice all you need to do is go get an exhaust noise test done for $30... Then send a copy to epa together with a big :upurs: .... That shuts them up.... then if you get another one I'll happily write a nasty "HARRASMENT" leter to the EPA and get it published in the herald sun through a friend.....

I got 2 EPA defects.... but mine was WAY WAY over them limit..... yours is really quite and definately legal....

Doc.

Thanks Doc. The thing I'm trying to figure out now is whether one of my neighbours is behind this.

The standard thing I do everytime I drive my skyline is to warm it up at least 3 mins every morning, and let it idle 1 min before shutting down. I wonder if that's what they're pissed about. Even then there are worse cars in the neighbourhood that make more noise.

That is why I'm wondering if it says 'member of the Victorian Police', does that mean someone reported to the police and the police took it to the EPA?

I was told in one it was EPA official saw my car, and by another a cop saw it.....

Now I DOUBT a cop saw my car, cause if he heard it surely he'd rather pull me over, defect me and fine me than just send a warning??

I'd say it was a member of the public, they just say it's someone from a gov't dept so they can justify it??

Doc.

Originally posted by Dr_Drift

Now I DOUBT a cop saw my car, cause if he heard it surely he'd rather pull me over, defect me and fine me than just send a warning??

I'd say it was a member of the public, they just say it's someone from a gov't dept so they can justify it??

Doc. [/b]

That's what I was thinking too. If a cop did not like my car he would have pulled me over instead of just this stupid warning. Now I wonder which fu[kH34d of my neighbours did this.

Yeah, neighbours can be bastards. Probably just jealous themselves! A car idling shouldn't be making massive noise anyway, I'd say they would have issues with something else and that 'caused them to look for anything to pull you up on.

If as you say it isn't noisy anyway, yeah, just go get the test, get it passed and send them a big FY letter. If its on their files they might not bother in future to investigate future complaints if it all passed. Its all rubbish really considering many clapped out cars can make equally as much noise.

Well actually, I had one of those letters sent to my house when I was O/S!! The old man was driving the car, so he shat his pants and went to get the car tested. For I think $45 he got an EPA compliance certificate and the car tested (90.4db), the dood let it pass. He sent a copy to EPA and stuck the certificate in the lid of my boot, now all I have to do is pop the boot and show em the certificate and the cops go on their merry way.

That was about 2.5 years ago, don't know if you can still get that certificate.

Worth a try.

E

lucky that i live in bogans ville and there are lots of noisy commodores in my street. When my car idles, you can hear it vibrating the window frames in my neighbours house...... but she likes me and doesnt mind the fact I wake her at 6:30am every morn while I idle the car for 10mins.