Epa

Ait

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ait

Hi guys, I just got served an EPA notice. Blah blah yada yada  

It's just a warning for now, but says that if I get reported again then my car's due for tests. WTF?!

If it was a report by the police, then it should say where your car was when it was witnessed making all this noise.

If it was a report by a disgruntled neighbour, then you just have to live with it, or find some way of exacting revenge :D

Originally posted by R31 Skyline Chick

If it was a report by the police, then it should say where your car was when it was witnessed making all this noise.

If it was a report by a disgruntled neighbour, then you just have to live with it, or find some way of exacting revenge :D

revenge is my expertise... so dont kill me just yet.

i may come in handy...

TO GET MYSELF BACK!!!

hahaha

Originally posted by R31 Skyline Chick

Yup it just says that it was making excessive noise, didn't say where. "No action will be taken on this occasion" unless someone reports it again

i heard the bikes like Harley's and stuff are some how "legally" allowed to be so loud, but seriously....some bikes out there.....F*CK!!! i wonder if bike owners get heaps of trouble regarding these things....

i heard the bikes like Harley's and stuff are some how "legally" allowed to be so loud, but seriously....some bikes out there.....F*CK!!! i wonder if bike owners get heaps of trouble regarding these things

nah dude thats bullshit, they have to be under a certian decible limit as well however it isnt 90 it is something else i think either 86d8 or 94 db im thinking the 94... oh and trucks can be 100db...

if the environment is in "such" need of being protected from noise why decible figures differ from vehicle to vehicle....???, its the same with older cars they can be louder than newer cars..... its all bullshit...and i for one will not stand for it!

Originally posted by akeenan

nah dude thats bullshit, they have to be under a certian decible limit as well however it isnt 90 it is something else i think either 86d8 or 94 db im thinking the 94... oh and trucks can be 100db...

if the environment is in "such" need of being protected from noise why decible figures differ from vehicle to vehicle....???, its the same with older cars they can be louder than newer cars..... its all bullshit...and i for one will not stand for it!

lmao and what will u do about it?

thats right... there is nothing U can do.

lmao and what will u do about it?

when i aquire some money i will invest it in a new muffler one that can be heard, one that gives every other performance car owner a feeling... a feeling of happiness, a feeling of enjoyment but most of all a feeling of power, a feeling of being above the law, having your car the way you want it who gives a shit about ur elderly neighbours who cars if we scare pedestrians I dont and neither should you....we will do what we want when we want...i have a dream........

im going to keep my quiet muffler and switch them over ever so often.

*** id like to take a minute and remember my old trust exhaust ...full 4 inch pipe with the good old 5 inch tip id belted out 108 db ...that lasted about 1 month :D ****

thankyou.

My Buggy Belts out 130db from it's straight out exhaust and big twin flames...... Cop didn't like it when I did a wheelstand infront of him..... It was the new clutch officer I swear I'm not used to it....

Ah those were the days of scaring bikers by putting my loud pedal flat to the floor behind them heheheh....

Doc.

I got an epa notice about 2 months ago. It was issued by the police and stated "where" they witnessed the "excessive noise".

I was pissed off because they heard my exhaust in an enclosed area, ie driving down a small road that has shops on both sides [lots of reverb etc], similar to glenferrie road or chapel st, acland st etc. I had given my car [not the current car] some juice [from 40kmh] to speed up after some slow prick held me back for half an hour and thats exactly where some cops were sitting on the side of the road.

My worst luck, having personalised plates they never needed to jump in their car and give chase, they just reported me! Which i didnt know about until about a week later...by mail. bastards.

changed muffler, got compliance notice and sent to epa with :upurs:

I had already measured my car to be 92-93 db [using proper db meter] and there is know way the cops could tell it was over, just a case of the wrong place at the wrong time i guess...

Originally posted by Dr_Drift

My Buggy Belts out 130db from it's straight out exhaust and big twin flames...... Cop didn't like it when I did a wheelstand infront of him..... It was the new clutch officer I swear I'm not used to it....

Ah those were the days of scaring bikers by putting my loud pedal flat to the floor behind them heheheh....

Doc.

Please tell me it aint your XD Falcon there Doc.........LOL

:lol:

When you gonna bring the buggy to Melb and show the cops a :burnout: wheelstand whilst :shake: ???

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ait, i'm pretty sure its someone from the public who reported u, most likely a neighbour. i read in either the age or herald sun in the drive section that u can now report cars which u fink are too loud or have too much smoke coming outta its ass. they also posted the number which u should ring up, i fink all u need was the model of car and rego number and where u saw it.