SAU Community

SD - the right stuff

Just wondering what everyone uses to SD the doors and boot? I am thinking about doing it to the skyline but still not a 100% sure yet as there are a few doubts in my mind. The gains of doing it are without a doubt worthe it but im thinking along the lines of if i ever have to get access to the central locking or anything behind the SD material it would just be a pain in the perverbrial to take it off again...

As there is limited selection down here in Tassie i will no doubt have to look at getting SD material else where (adds more expensive for shipping) but just wondering what's every1 used and general feedback for the product?

:P

I ordered mine from fhrx and postage isn't as expensive as you'd think.

I used a combination of stinger roadkill and dynamat pro (or something like that).

Pics of install available on request.. actually I think it still might be available online PM me for URL.

I ordered mine from fhrx and postage isn't as expensive as you'd think.

I used a combination of stinger roadkill and dynamat pro (or something like that).

Pics of install available on request.. actually I think it still might be available online PM me for URL.

I'll see what i can find out

Guys, when you apply the sound deadening and you need to access the internals of the door, you simply peel it back or take it right off and then simply stick it back on.

On the subject of getting the products to SAU members, we can send around Australia no problems.

So photos of deadening are here. :)

Guys, when you apply the sound deadening and you need to access the internals of the door, you simply peel it back or take it right off and then simply stick it back on.

On the subject of getting the products to SAU members, we can send around Australia no problems.

So photos of deadening are here. :)

You make is sound so simply :cheers:

Of course that won't be bias at all will it. :)

Try an enthusiast website like CAA, not magazines that tend to lean a little towards its advertisers. CAA has done testing on sound deadening before. Check out the reviews there. :D

Sorry GrandB - PM me your email address and I'll send em out again. I think I may have deleted it from my web host before you got to it.

It's been such a pain since my web server went down (damn brother not paying bills heh heh) I can't get pics to anyone without downsizing them etc which is a pain... I swear email needs to die.

Sorry GrandB - PM me your email address and I'll send em out again. I think I may have deleted it from my web host before you got to it.

It's been such a pain since my web server went down (damn brother not paying bills heh  heh) I can't get pics to anyone without downsizing them etc which is a pain... I swear email needs to die.

PM sent :)

Well we sit it in the sun and then use a heat gun but this is just another reason why we often lean towards G-Spot. It doesn't need any heat. :P

Yeah i hear what ya saying but this is a budget SD job and the Stinger was the only stuff (or Jaycar) i could get my hands on locally so i didn't have to pay to get it from the mainland and pay shipping. I got two complete rolls (that came in the box) and another one that has about half left on it for the 2 front doors. I dont mind that its not going to be a competition winning system as its not designed for that, and the way i figure it, having something on there is better than nothing. Maybe next time i will use G-Spot or Dynamate when i have more money to spend on the stereo :headspin: