SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought one of these bad boys as well!

will find out in the next few weekends how it goes myself when i try it out...

also only took 1 week from when i bought to when i had it in my hand - recommended seller for sure

does the guy make them himself?

um tried it out tonight

holy shit all i can say is get one everyone these are the shit i have not seen another device work as well as this

first run was scary guage went over 20psi on the guage so dont know what boost but blew the intercooler hose off even with those big industrial clamps

we

hen i got it sorted it16psi boost came on slightly quicker but hit like a hammer and response is more defined now as well, but also when it hit 16 there was no spike nothing just sat at 16 and did not move up or down

i am extremley happy with this

everyone throw your old boost contollers away and get 1 of these

um tried it out tonight

holy shit all i can say is get one everyone these are the shit i have not seen another device  work as well as this

first run was scary guage went over 20psi on the guage so dont know what boost but blew the intercooler hose off even with those big industrial clamps

we

hen i got it sorted it16psi boost came on slightly quicker but hit like a hammer and response is more defined now as well, but also when it hit 16 there was no spike nothing just sat at 16 and did not move up or down

i am extremley happy with this

everyone throw your old boost contollers away and get 1 of these

20psi?

did you adjust it wrong or something? it has to be fully open to start with remember...

Its to prevent the boost being held between the actuator and the bleeder.

When this happens even though the car isn't making boost there is still boost between the bleeder (ball and spring) and the actuator, this holds the actuator open and makes a very very sluggly boost up between gears.

yeah i know lol

for some reason we where trying to find what the nipple on the top of the externall gate did so i conected it to that

first runn did nothing second with a full turn nothing third time again full turn nothing so put the tap in line on the bottom nipple and forgot to wind it back out very silly on my behalf

just stocked how well the car ran at (over 20psi as my gauge only goes to 20) over 20psi

not ping nothing it loved it right in the meat of the turbo efficiency the car loved it but i got a bit scared so yeah

now at a hard and relaible 16psi i cant believe how well it holds boost

like a rock!!

ha ha  

i am dying to put mine in too, but i'm going back to melb for the weekend... so i have to wait untill next weekend! :cheers:

grrrr

Ok so i just purchased myself one of these bad boys, hope to see it by the end of the week. If it does what all you pimps say it does then i think it might be the best $30 i have ever spent on a car :headspin:

Prior to installing it I pulled it apart again, I found the ball bearing is indeed NOT stainless steel, as I blew through it prior it had begun rusting the ball bearing. :rolleyes:

I cleaned it up and threw it in anyhow, appears to work well HOWEVER I am unable to wind any boost in as the cars been tuned with 12:1 afr's.

So more boost will = lean.

The stock rb20det turbo is crap anyhow, I might throw a cheapo VG30DET turbo on it until I get the money for the new turbo.

Prior to installing it I pulled it apart again, I found the ball bearing is indeed NOT stainless steel, as I blew through it prior it had begun rusting the ball bearing. :(

I cleaned it up and threw it in anyhow, appears to work well HOWEVER I am unable to wind any boost in as the cars been tuned with 12:1 afr's.

So more boost will = lean.

The stock rb20det turbo is crap anyhow, I might throw a cheapo VG30DET turbo on it until I get the money for the new turbo.

so can we get a stainless steel ball bearing from somewhere to replace it with?

can this be used on the r32? i cant see down to my turbo (theres a cover there) and havent really seen any other turbo cars..

i read that Jaycar IEBC thread and seen how you need a solenoid inline to the waste gate, im assuming this would go where the soenloid would go?

cheers, shaun.

can this be used on the r32? i cant see down to my turbo (theres a cover there) and havent really seen any other turbo cars..

i read that Jaycar IEBC thread and seen how you need a solenoid inline to the waste gate, im assuming this would go where the soenloid would go?

cheers, shaun.

This is perfect for an R32.