SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

can this be used on the r32? i cant see down to my turbo (theres a cover there) and havent really seen any other turbo cars..

i read that Jaycar IEBC thread and seen how you need a solenoid inline to the waste gate, im assuming this would go where the soenloid would go?

cheers, shaun.

you don't really need to se the turbo as such

what you are looking for is a tube that runs from just after the compressor to the wastegate

it should hang (i think) just below the front side of the trubo heat shield and you should be able to see it. when i installed my gfb bleed valve i didn't have to remove the heat shield.

you want to cut that tube and insert this boost controller in line with that tube, then adjust away!

am realy lookign forward to getting this in and seeing how it goes in comparison to my gfb valve

will post a comparison when its done in the next few weeks...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using mine for a couple of weeks now and have had 100% reliability. :D

definatly the best $30 i spent on a car!!! I should have asked the guy for a kick back! I would have enough for a free beer now!!!

I just like it when i find a cheap, great quality, simple product that works better than almost anything else.

Its so rare these days i just thought i would share it so we can all have one!

and i am not suprised the dude put up his price! for $22 or whatever it was he cant have been making much cash. The bits alone would have cost $10 and then he has to machine them and paint them!

and by the looks of things they will hold anything up to 20psi with a good deal of accuracy.

:)

Maybe he's now using Stainless Steel ball bearings now?!?!?

Even though he should have been before as it did state that it had s/steel internals but infact it doesn't :D

Every 1 drop him a question about it.. :)

I have.. He hasn't replied yet. :)

You can get needle valves from your local hose supplier store and use this. It controls boost quite well from what I have seen. Cost like $17 without brass fittings so cant imagine it costing more than $25 all up. Dont know if it works as well as what is offered here but maybe its worth a go.

Hi guys,

My name is mark, the guy responsible for the turbotech controllers you are talking about.

Thanks a heap for your interest and great comments. These controllers ar e$42 with postage on ebay. However, I will continue to offer them to skyliners for $28 express delivered.

Any questions about them I am happy to listen and answer on here or email [email protected]

Cheers,

Mark

Hi guys,

My name is mark, the guy responsible for the turbotech controllers you are talking about.

Thanks a heap for your interest and great comments. These controllers ar e$42 with postage on ebay. However, I will continue to offer them to skyliners for $28 express delivered.

Any questions about them I am happy to listen and answer on here or email [email protected]

Cheers,

Mark

hey man

thanks for the great product

how did you hear about us? they have been gettign rave comments and i have bougt one waiting to put on on my car

my questions:

- are you makin these at home or are you a business?

- is the ball bearing stainless steel? someone mentioned his rusted... :D

- do you test each one before you send it out?

cheers,

Warren.

Hi warren,

Thanks for your interest.

Tha ball is chrome so should not rust. I have responded to the gut who found some on his. Not sure why but the first anyone has said in over 200 sales. Perhaps I accidently put ina dodgy ball with a scratch who knows.

Anyway still have 100% positive feedback on ebay for controllers sent all over the world.

Educated initially in mechanical engineering, I now teach and make these controllers at home in my own workshop. I started making them after turbosmart would not let me distribute their controllers so I made my own and better.

Did you say you have already bought one, I dont see an order here for warren?

Mark

I sent a nice message to him last night telling him how many great reviews his part was receiving on the Skyline forums, and asked if he'd send me one over here in the usa.

Not sure if this prompted his reason to post here, but glad he did..... mine is paid for, and hopefully on its way to me.... :D

thanks

joel

Simark,

I sent you an email regarding the ball rusting ever so slightly.

I honestly think it was partially my fault, I screwed it in and out then blowed through it.

My exhaled air is what I think started to rust the ball where the spring pushes against it.

Rust is a bad word, its a real slight surface rust that is scratched off easily.

Ball all in all for the price they are they are a bargain, in the engine bay with the nice hot air any moisture will evaporate quick smart.

I'll pull mine out in a week or so and see how its going.

Simark,

I sent you an email regarding the ball rusting ever so slightly.

I honestly think it was partially my fault, I screwed it in and out then blowed through it.

My exhaled air is what I think started to rust the ball where the spring pushes against it.

Rust is a bad word, its a real slight surface rust that is scratched off easily.

For the price, they are a bargain regardless, in the engine bay with the nice hot air any moisture will evaporate quick smart.

I'll pull mine out in a week or so and see how its going.

Hi warren,

Thanks for your interest.

Tha ball is chrome so should not rust. I have responded to the gut who found some on his. Not sure why but the first anyone has said in over 200 sales. Perhaps I accidently put ina dodgy ball with a scratch who knows.  

Anyway still have 100% positive feedback on ebay for controllers sent all over the world.  

Educated initially in mechanical engineering, I now teach and make these controllers at home in my own workshop. I started making them after turbosmart would not let me distribute their controllers so I made my own and better.

Did you say you have already bought one, I dont see an order here for warren?

Mark

i've already bought and recieved it :D

my ebay username is the same as my SAU username...

the quality looks great and i'll be keen to compate it to my GFB bleed valve i currently have. stay posted for a comparison (when i have time to eventually put the thing in!)

what else do you 'cook up' back there in your workshop?

PS you should look into selling these on the forum for sale section... the guy who owns the forums is PranK. If you PM him and tell him you are a business then all you have to do is donate to the forums and you can advertise here. i'm sure you would sell a HEAP of controllers through here, especially with the reviews you are getting!

I second that motion!

It would be nice if all skyliners had one of these. it would be great if the were for sale in the trading section because everyone would know where to get one.