SAU Community

GOT MY CAR BACK!! RB25 -> R32 Thanks Chasers!

a few peeps here might know that i undertook that the rb25 conversion quite recently, and i finally got her back last thursday.

She runs like dream. Brad from Chasers undertook the entire conversion himself (thanks heaps bro! :D ) and Paul from Motec played around with the boost to get it all good.

the engine made 173rwkw on 9psi with FMIC and catback exhaust, but the most impressive part is that the power curve is as linear as a V8's. She pulls in every gear, and low end power is amazing. Can't wait to get the PFC in!!

So a big thanks to the boys at Chasers - you guys did a terrific job and in good time too. :D

now, for anyone else who has done this conversion, i've just got a few quick questions to ask:

what did you guys do about the speedo>? Mine doesn't work anymore...i've got a GTR speedo, what else do i need to make it work?

Strut brace - my current strut brace doesn't fit over the RB25 plenum - can anybody recommend one that will fit nicely?

BTW - i now have a RB20 engine+box sitting there, complete package. If anyone is interested in picking it up the, PM me. Box does not include clutch, flywheel, pressure plate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

i have an R32 with an RB25DET too, and id be interested in the speedo prob as well. Mine shows ~15km/h over the actual speed of the car.

e.g., the car will be travelling at 95k/h, but the speedo will show 110k/h.

i have to get the sparks changed and injectors cleaned (or get new ones), but atm with misfiring probs and the car running heaps rich, it gets 160rwkw at stock boost