SAU Community

R32 GTST Time Attack/Hill CLimb Car

Tangles01

After years of delays hold ups, lack of motivation... I Got the Engine done and took the old girl where she belongs, back to the track. 95% off all my research was on here trawling the forums for engine build info. Ive got vids on all the rebuild including every failure along the way but it was all worth it because.... well look below i's awesome 380RWHP on 14psi running her in, can't wait to turn her up.

Edited by Tangles01
  • Like 5

Hey mate, great vid. How do you get 380 RWHP on 14 psi? I am running an RB256DET with same RWHP but at 20 psi.

Can you tell me what you have done to the engine as mine is pretty standard apart from forged internals, balance and bigger injectors with a Nistune board and LM TD06/25G turbo on a standard manifold.

Thanks.

GTX-3076
10.5:1 compression

E85

262 tomie cams

Hand ported head

VCT

Custom 6boost style mani

3.5 inch zauzt

690nm peak torque

And it's fresh obviously. I need to do a comp test now it's run it.

More supporting stuff but those are the power makers.

All the build detail is on the channel

Edited by Tangles01

15 hours ago, Tangles01 said:

GTX-3076
10.5:1 compression

E85

262 tomie cams

Hand ported head

VCT

Custom 6boost style mani

3.5 inch zauzt

690nm peak torque

And it's fresh obviously. I need to do a comp test now it's run it.

More supporting stuff but those are the power makers.

All the build detail is on the channel

OK now I see why thanks. Yes, should be a bullet once 20 psi dialled in.

Didn't realise what sort of compression you were running.
Maybe I missed it on the YouTube's as I watched a long time ago, what was the position of the pistons relative to the deck at TDC?

I'll have to be honest, I winged it on that lol. But head and block were virgin just got a skim for the MLS gasket and sent it. I did hand rotate her, clear is clear.

Edited by Tangles01
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tangles01 said:

I'll have to be honest, I winged it on that lol. Bit head and block were virgin just got a skim for the MLS gasket and sent it. I did hand rotate her, clear is clear.

That's not true mate, clear by hand vs at 7000rpm are 2 wildly different things!

Yes that's true mate. but still it works. And there was a silly timing issue where if it were close it would have kissed the valves, so I'm pretty confident it's okay. I might have gotten lucky, I might have measured the piston height. It was that long ago when I did it I can't honestly recll, but I remember not doing much about it, and not doing it right if I did anything.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/07/2021 at 1:57 PM, Tangles01 said:

On 13/07/2021 at 1:57 PM, Tangles01 said:

Hillclimb looks great. Much better than what we have here in NSW. Where is it located?