SAU Community

100 kpm/h chime

jason2040

mine does it when i go like 105km/h i rekon its cool.

At first it didn't bother me, but now ive really gotten sick of it!!! Plus i got three months of no licence so that the chime is one of many things being pulled out of the car

cool? it's a pain in the a$$. My GTR has this chime, but thank f**k the previous owner 'tried' to disable it so it only works intermitently and when it does work it's muffled. the strange thing is it never used to activate when I was using my kakimoto ecu, when I put the power FC in I noticed it straight away, possibly just a coincidence though. I say get rid of it as soon as is possible.

Its up under the kick where your left knee is. Smallish black box say 2-3inchs by 3-4 inches. Just unplug it, go for a drive. If its the door one, PUT IT BACK, it can play up with your central locking etc if its the door/left the lights on beep one.

Holy crap I didnt know that Cefiros had this and lately I could have sworn that I could hear the faintest chiming noise in the car. I have no stereo yet so I wont be able to here mine once thats in :D

Thanks for pointing out that they have these.

i pulled that thing out of all my s13s and r32s...from memory it was a little brown plug in the steering column...or it could be the reverse beeping thing...

I want a reverse beeper

yer that thing drives me insane.. i also changed ecu's and it went away but guess what... its back! smallish black box you say?... that little f%#k is dead tomorrow!

There is about 3 of them tho. So just unplug them one by one first. From memory it was the far left one. But I took mine out well over a year ago, so I really cant remember.

My gawd I thought it was something wrong with my speedo or something. I had a suspicion that it was a speed warning as it always comes on at the same speed - a ticking sound - but it seems inconsistent - seems to have stopped now.

Kills you when driving long distance in 110k zones - just have to turn up the stereo.

Yeah its the furthest to the left. Just stick your head under there and you can see it. Really simple to remove. Removed mine 2 weeks ago.

You guys are lucky. On the 32's its located directly behind the instrument cluster. You have to dismantle the dash to get to it so you can snip the wire.

When your looking for the cef one, if you remove the door/light chime you will this will affect your alarm/central locking (if you got it) the only way to over come this is to wire them into each other so you still have a closed circuit. But this will eliminate your warnings by doing this.

:P

My gawd I thought it was something wrong with my speedo or something. I had a suspicion that it was a speed warning as it always comes on at the same speed - a ticking sound - but it seems inconsistent - seems to have stopped now.

Kills you when driving long distance in 110k zones - just have to turn up the stereo.

LoL. Dude TRUST me it is still there. Easy way to tell, when you go to sleep, do you hear this DING, DING, DING and see 110kmh on a circle when your dreaming?

LoL.  Dude TRUST me it is still there.  Easy way to tell, when you go to sleep, do you hear this DING, DING, DING and see 110kmh on a circle when your dreaming?

Yes I do hear the DING, DING, DING, but the circle indicates 180kmh...