SAU Community

what compression should a Gts-t R33 have

afaik

Factory specs are 135-185 psi per cylinder and each cylinder being around 120 with an ~<5psi variance is decent for a >100,000km car.

Just means your car isn't in top condition, someone's had fun in it :D but it should be alright for a while (That's assuming my factory spec figures are correct)

i got mine checked it come out with all in the 120's but there all around them same  

broke that checked it said it was all good but that seems low to me is it ok

ingnore the other comments, outirght compression figures are not very relevant, as things such as how warm the engine is and battery voltage affect the outright figure.

what is important is that all figures are even, as it is unlikely that all cylinders have the same damage (if any).

usually a bad result would be say 5 cylinders having similar compression (within 3 or 4psi) and one cylinder (usually cylinder 6) having compression which is 25psi different.

as long as the figures are within about 3% from max to minimum its fine. so basically from what u explained the motor should be fine. if u really want to be sure do a leakdown test but that is usually only done if compression test turns out bad.

Knore's comment is sort of correct as most cars show compression around 155psi

they all got ok they got

1 124

2 125

3 125

4 123

5 124

6 125

is there a way to higher then compression

also i hear low compress means more lag

the tune is ****ed on the car so they r retuning the link computer the day i buy it they said thats y it is laggy and shit

they all got ok they got  

1  124

2 125

3 125

4 123

5 124

6 125

is there a way to higher then compression  

also i hear low compress means more lag  

the tune is ****ed on the car so they r retuning the link computer the day i buy it they said thats y it is laggy and shit

those compression figures are fine.

also the compression u are reffering to when u say it means more lag is something u cannot change. what u are reffering to is the compression ratio, ie. the relationship between the volume of air in the cylinder when the piston is at the bottom of its stroke compared to when its at the top.

u can make it less laggy with good tuning, although with a stock turbo it shouldnt be laggy either way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Not following.   Its worth noting that the N54 has no oil pressure sensor from factory, only a switch. I have retro fit a sensor so I can monitor the pressure. The car will now alert me if it drops. 
    • Yeah that sounds like a way to isolate the issue, but I am not sure how easy it is to get a gauge on it; as Greg said it is subframe out to do anything anyway. As it happens FPG also have a attesa pressure sender which goes in the rear of the xfer case. I have a kit but have not installed in the race car yet (because, race car) https://frenchysperformancegarage.com/collections/nissan-skyline-r32gt-r/products/fpg-bnr32-attesa-high-pressure-hose-replacement-with-optional-pressure-sensor-adapter-fpg-116
    • My BC's are great! I wasn't going to spend big money, its a long way from a "well-funded" car. They are really comfy on the street and they feel good enough for me on the track. I think they were about $1400 AUD delivered with front camber tops. Hard to go wrong with that. They replaced my Bilstein B8's with Eibach springs which were good also but just a touch soft and I wanted the height adjustment. It didn't help that a Sydney mega pothole bent one of the front strut tubes just enough to make lowering with the jack tricky as it didn't compress unless you drove back and forth a bit.  I'm also a little less willing to go hard into fast corners. Maybe I'll get better over time, but for now I'm happy to lose a few seconds and not keep feeling like I'm about to die. Nice point on the left foot braking. This is definitely an area I want to get better at. Like you I should be doing it when pottering around town just to get more used to it and stop it feeling odd.
    • This must be my problem, I can smell fuel in the driver rear wheel well sometimes.
    • I mean down here I get absolutely nothing, and I'm driving around with a V8 version. I say "absolutely nothing" but the actual instances I can remember on one hand, and funnily enough were all in Sydney, not Melbourne. Specifically one very insistent guy hanging out of his window, pointing to the engine bay, then giving me an exaggerated thumbs up. That and one guy a decade ago who was an American who had clearly just seen his first R34 ever in person, and seemed surprised when I was like "Oh dude you'll see them everywhere" but this was 2010. But 99.99% of the time it gets no looks from absolutely anyone, ever.  BIG CAVEAT: SEDAN