SAU Community

r34 GTT or r33 GTR

I was always happy with the R33 GTSt, and admit openly what a good car the R34 GTt is standard. I'd also driven a number of R32 GTR's and while good, didn't rate them that highly as an overall experience. Now having bought an R33 GTR (95) as well I can only say they are a whole order of magnitude better than The GTt or even the R32 GTR.

Unless you can afford an R34 GTR there is only one choice.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gtr any day...thats only my opion tho...ive driven both r33 gtst,i own an r32 gtr and ive been in 33 gtr all great rides but the gtr are just so good in every aspect,to me anyway...

my 2c

ive thought about r32 gtr but i just cant see myself degrading to an older car im into more newer cars.

if i had to get a gtr it had to be s2 vspec or nothing..

In terms of age, yes its a downgrade. But as a car in general, most people would consider going from a R33 GTST to a R32 GTR as an upgrade!

Yes a 19 year old would know it all. Maybe 0-100 by about 1/10th but the more advanced ATTESSA on a 33 would mean a faster car on the track, where it really counts. Look the 32 is good, but as an overall drive experience the 33 is better, and the GTR34 is by far the best from a brief lap of Phillip Island with Snowman.

Yes a 19 year old would know it all. Maybe 0-100 by about 1/10th but the more advanced ATTESSA on a 33 would mean a faster car on the track, where it really counts. Look the 32 is good, but as an overall drive experience the 33 is better, and the GTR34 is by far the best from a brief lap of Phillip Island with Snowman.

LoL.....just because you're old (you started it) doesn't make you right.

The R32 GTR has quicker 0-100 and 1/4 mile times. It's a fact, don't like it? Bad luck. You can't change that.

I'm not sure about track times, I'm not really into track racing. Maybe someone else can help out? Maybe in your opinion the track counts more, I prefer drag times. That really comes down to personal preference.

I never said the 32 GTR is better than the 33 GTR, I like both cars, and personally, I think the R32 drives better, it feels more agile, in terms of looks....most people prefer the 32, need I refer to some recent polls?

However, I do agree with you on one point, that being, that the R34 GTR owns it.

I believe the R33 GTR is quicker on the twisty stuff from reading lap testing times at Nurburgring in Germany. But the R32 has a quicker 1/4 mile is also stated in many places. This sounds about right because no company deliberately builds a sports car worse than the previous model. I suspect aero packages and weight distribution has a lot to do with it (not just the total weight).

Anyway that is off topic slightly... If you want something less common I'd go for the R34 GTT. If all you care about is perforamce go the GTR. Probably R32 for Drag but for track you would have to weigh up if the R33 is worth the extra money.

Perosnally I really would love an R33 GTR (v-spec). But I gotta keeps saving and hope the one I am looking at is still around when I get back to buy it.

Cheers and happy car buying :)

Adrian

LoL.....just because you're old (you started it)

I never said the 32 GTR is better than the 33 GTR, I like both cars, and personally, I think the R32 drives better, it feels more agile, in terms of looks....most people prefer the 32, need I refer to some recent polls?

However, I do agree with you on one point, that being, that the R34 GTR owns it.

Hah, nice.

The 32 feels more agile due to the more "taily" nature of the attessa programming, but 95% of the folk saying they drive better wouldn't know a racetrack if they fell over it. It's true that it's all preference but why buy a drivers car then go straight. We'd love to see you at the racetrack sometime, you'd love it too. Come to Sandown for a look Sunday.

People will also prefer what they can afford, or percieve to have a chance of owning, and make excuses for everything else except their Ültimate. Take the polls with a grain of salt. Most, if they were offered a freebie would take the 33 over the 32 in GTSt or GTR anyday, regardless of what they might otherwise say.

It's always hard to accept, but laptimes count for more than quarters. :)

People will also prefer what they can afford, or percieve to have a chance of owning, and make excuses for everything else except their Ültimate. Take the polls with a grain of salt. Most, if they were offered a freebie would take the 33 over the 32 in GTSt or GTR anyday, regardless of what they might otherwise say.

I prefer a R34 GTR, I can't afford that? LoL. No excuses though? Hopefully down the track.

Honestly speaking, I could have purchased an R33 GTR but stuck with a late model R32, personal preference. Although I have a soft spot for the midnight purple GTRs, that's my favourite (factory) skyline colour of all.

Hmm I wouldn't mind getting into track racing, but only when I'm older and can afford to run and maintain a car on my own, without relying on my dad's money...LoL

Anyways this is getting ......go the GTR over the GTT..that should get things back on track.

IOWNU: I'd probbaly agree with Geoffs comments... but yeah you can still come down to say hi on sunday and see what the track is all about, there will be a certain White R33 GTR there that i promise will impress you :O

So back on topic, don't get a GTt if you are even considering that you want a GTR. 32,33,34 are all better.....No Question.

Ali, hope to catch up Sunday. Look for the fat Old guy in a Purple thang :O

So back on topic, don't get a GTt if you are even considering that you want a GTR. 32,33,34 are all better.....No Question.

Ali, hope to catch up Sunday. Look for the fat Old guy in a Purple thang :O

I'm going to start coming to track days in the near future, not this sunday though coz i've got exams the following week :confused:

I think most people wont pay attention to the driver (no matter how bad he is ;-)) of a Purple GTR, they'd just be looking at the car :drooling:

IOWNU: I'd probbaly agree with Geoffs comments... but yeah you can still come down to say hi on sunday and see what the track is all about, there will be a certain White R33 GTR there that i promise will impress you :O

Ofcourse you do.....what sort of Skyline do you drive? :P LoL

i think Mike (JETLNE) is more interested in drag than track work. With either r32 or r33 you still have to upgrade a fair bit to make it worthwhile to hit the track and pull some decent times. but same goes with drag racing. 2 completely different setups

yeah thats right im more intersted in a drag car not a track car...

ive been stuck on 33 gtr all yr till last couple of weeks seen some pics of 34's n always loved the look of them but just dont wanna be back in the same boat with performance wise... I must admit ive never driven a GTR before so that could help in my choosing.. Anyone gonna give me there keys to there GTR? lol

not much 34 GTT owners r sticking up for there cars.. i was wondering what mods some ppl have done to get there cars into the 12's...

thanx for the replies guys...

skylinegeoff - do u live in the lakes?

Yeah I'm in Mill Park Lakes. Come by and I can take you for a spin.

I recommend go to a car dealer and take a drive as they are covered for any mishaps.

yeah i lived with my dad in the lakes for 3 months last yr... i drove the black skylien with the silver sticker on the side with plates JETLNE i waved to you a few times in the maroon Gts-T if thats you??

when are u free for me come by? i live in epping now just down findon rd 5 mins away