SAU Community

Ban To Be Inforced On P Plate Drivers Kiss Your Skylines GOODBYE

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is a driver more likely to kill himself (or her) in a turbo charged sports car with large brakes and more often than not air bags, abs, performance tyres, sports everything or his/her mums camry if the driver of that car decides to be a F#@ker and drive like a looney??? <--- the odds seem pretty even to me

Also if you are doin 50 km/h and someone decides to jump out infront of you which car will pull up quicker??? The camry with its drum brakes???

I dont think that it is fair like some ppl have mentioned to point the finger @ modified or high performance car owners in general i think that it is only a quick fix (as oer usual) on the governments behalf to a much larger problem.

I think perhaps this legislation has been passed in order to silence the legions of the naging older generation.

Time will tell however with statistics what the real truth to the matter is.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah p platers are sweet as long as they have their ps by then, so suddenly theres a huge number of people going for their ps. its almost impossible 2 find a place 2 do your test. i wanted and r32 so much 2!!!!

Is a driver more likely to kill himself (or her) in a turbo charged sports car with large brakes and more often than not air bags' date=' abs, performance tyres, sports everything or his/her mums camry if the driver of that car decides to be a F#@ker and drive like a looney??? <--- the odds seem pretty even to me

Also if you are doin 50 km/h and someone decides to jump out infront of you which car will pull up quicker??? The camry with its drum brakes???

I dont think that it is fair like some ppl have mentioned to point the finger @ modified or high performance car owners in general i think that it is only a quick fix (as oer usual) on the governments behalf to a much larger problem.

I think perhaps this legislation has been passed in order to silence the legions of the naging older generation. QUOTE']

true that, i agree with all of that. :uh-huh:

in fact sum wank pulled out in front of me the other day in his freakin toorak tractor.... suprise suprise it was sum old guy ( i'd say 50 or 60 )... wasnt even looking in my direction... now i was going 60 the speed limit, lucky i seen him, coz my 33's front end woulda been dead if i didnt, but lucky for me.... i was also in a car with brakes that stop the car quickly as there designed to being a sports car and all, and i had greater control with stability and traction due to the car it was,.... if i was in my mums vt wagon at the time.... i'd be paying for a freakin repair bill to her car no doubt.

I drive about 100 to 150 klms per day around Perth during the week covering a lot of workshops, Half the hotted up P plater cars they either want a run me or just drive like an idiot, the lower power cars just drive like idiots.

I have driven all over the world and drivers in Perth are shocking or I would say the worst at all ages and car types, I felt safer in Sydney or when I was driving Trucks in Malaysia with 5 lines turning to 2 and no traffic jams or problems.

Talk to the motor bike owners who have had power limits for over 10 to 15 years and they put up with it as the death toll has come down.

If the change is right or wrong that is beside the point, if it stopped your Mum being killed as the car that T boned her was a Corolla at 80 klm not that GTR/SUPRA and so on that the P plater wanted and doing 120 klm plus wouldn't you be happy, or better it could be your life that is saved.

It *might* not be as bad as you think Sydney residents. In Vic, we got a limit of 125 kw/tonne for all P plater drivers (and you can get special exemptions if you need) and this rule is hardly enforced. Cops only really pull over SS commodores with P plates up because they know its illegal, and they might fine them. All the skylines I know of get defected for illegal modifications and EPA's before they'd get done for having an over powered car.

If you got a gts-t or GTR, jus rip off all turbo, GTR and intercooled badges and don't have a nice and shiny bov or intercooler showing. If you can, register the car as simple Nissan Skyline (no variant). OR, like someone creatively suggested before, get a Vtec integra - its legal and probly the closest thing in terms of performance to a skyline (less RWD/AWD).

Good luck with it, i certainly hope they don't try the same BS in Vic. A hoon is a hoon whether in a commodore, corolla or a high-performance vehicle.

I think that it is unfortunate that it has come to this (the banning of sports cars from youths) but then again i think that we are partly responsible for it also (we being modified car owners)

some of us here help to portray an image to the general public that we are hoons i.e. sitting @ the lights @ 7 in the morning with the system pumping or giving your baby a little squirt here and there to cause a reaction and get ppl to stare.

Fact is our cars draw attention to us and i think that a few bad apples have recked it for everyone. At present it just so happens that there is nothing better for the media to write about other than the fast and furious, new underground racing seen and because of this its seems that we, by chance, have been on the recieving end of public scrutany and politicians trying to win votes for their next election off the aged population of this counrty.

I feel for everyone who is to be affected by this law ... fingers crossed you get to keep your cars!!!

Cars dont kill ppl .... Ppl kill Ppl

All i have to say is that i love Queensland :)

Apart from the growing number of Skylines on the coast the police are awesome up here compared to NSW and Vic.

there is always one defect station in one big car place but thats pretty much it.

QLD coppers rule

worst outcome for future generations getting their P plates is the gov't RAISING the age to get your P plates. QUOTE]

Oh S**T! I'd hate to be living in the only state where you have to be >18 to get your P's :chairshot

I think what they really should be doing is a driver training course for all people getting thier P's, I don't think they really realise it's all about control of your vehicle, but we can all say no matter how old we are that we have done something stupid in a car and whether it scared the sh1t out of you is a different thing, It all comes down to control and confidence, If people were put into a situation whether it be locking up, spinning out of control, whatever I'd say 60-70 per cent of people would freak out!! If we had driver training courses that would tell us what to do under different circumstances people wouldn't react the way they do!!

**** I wish i had my P's my skyline is going to get taken if i don't past my Life is riding on a 20 min test on the 21st :)

What you should have done is booked 2 seperate days to get tested before the 11th. So if you fail the first you will have a backup booking a few days latter. If you pass the first then you payed an extra $30 for the second booking. If you fail it again then you probably shouldnt be on the road ;)

The stupid thing is i can get behind the wheel of my dads car which is over double the restriction limit(125kw) when i put up L plates. Ok i have to have a full licensed next to me but my dad can be more of a hoon(at age 45) then some of the p platers on the road today.

For me i think the restictions are complete BS. Im a driver who has driven 'performance' cars from day dot. I know how it feels to hit 0-100km before you blink. So why do i get punished yet the 21yr old guy who has has driven nothing faster then a VT for his whole live finally sits in a car that has balls. Someone who has never experianced turbo lag is aloud on the streets.

Im not saying i have road experiance, but i can safely say i have performance expericance.

Im getting punished for being 18, not for being unexperianced.

What you should have done is booked 2 seperate days to get tested before the 11th. So if you fail the first you will have a backup booking a few days latter. If you pass the first then you payed an extra $30 for the second booking. If you fail it again then you probably shouldnt be on the road :)

The stupid thing is i can get behind the wheel of my dads car which is over double the restriction limit(125kw) when i put up L plates. Ok i have to have a full licensed next to me but my dad can be more of a hoon(at age 45) then some of the p platers on the road today.

For me i think the restictions are complete BS. Im a driver who has driven 'performance' cars from day dot. I know how it feels to hit 0-100km before you blink. So why do i get punished yet the 21yr old guy who has has driven nothing faster then a VT for his whole live finally sits in a car that has balls. Someone who has never experianced turbo lag is aloud on the streets.

Im not saying i have road experiance, but i can safely say i have performance expericance.

Im getting punished for being 18, not for being unexperianced.

Don't get me wrong Im on your side, but you gotta realise that the government don't know YOUR driving history, they don't know you know how to drive, as aposed to Joe Blow(gets a mention all the time) driving his KE25 Corolla, and at the end of the day it might be the other thousand L and P drivers out there making a bad name for yourselves, It's just a pitty that they don't work out something to benifit both parties.

next time vote liberal, wish Vic had, I knew bracksy would **** everything up.

Yeah,, even worse in rural/regional victoria. In the city they are spending money, not jsut on speed cameras. In the country, they are making tax hikes, introducing laws against breathing and other ridiculous sh%#

Congratulations to the Carr government and it's continued short-termism on issues in NSW. Carr has to go... for these reasons:

1) He waits til Sydney is in crisis before addressing the water issue;

2) He waits til the trains are in crisis before he addresses them;

3) same as above two but it's Hospitals in crisis;

4) These bollocks p-plate rules;

5) NSW is the most highly taxed state in Australia.

End rant.

I don't mean to be too offensive, but what are you whinging about???

I would kill (one person in particular) to have Carr as a Premier. He is one of the greatest premiers in australian history.

^^^^ The same problems have already happened in vic, and with the exception of the P Plater rule, much much much much worse too.

Fixed speed cameras' that can single-handedly raise over $400,000 of "Revenue" each week. Thousands of these are these are scattered around the state.

3km/h leeway doesn't coincide with manufacturer's error.

Victorian Police

Vicroads

Licsence when 18

125kw per tonne (which was worse, but for once NSW is getting the bad end of the stick)

Steve Bracks

800% increase in Land tax

Highest stamp duty in country

highest registration costs

etc etc

You really should consider yourselves lucky. Except with the new p plater rule

NOW that, that is a crock of $H!T

funny how all the bad sh|t happens on the eastern side of australia.... w.a,s.a and n.t. get it allright.... no power restrictions, can get lisence at young age... et victoria which allready had 18 for P's copped the 125/tonna law , all the cracking down

is it just me or are vic and nsw the gineau cops for the rest of australia... i spose we do have the highest population density

-Ruffels

funny how all the bad sh|t happens on the eastern side of australia.... w.a,s.a and n.t. get it allright.... no power restrictions, can get lisence at young age... et victoria which allready had 18 for P's copped the 125/tonna law , all the cracking down  

is it just me or are vic and nsw the gineau cops for the rest of australia... i spose we do have the highest population density  

-Ruffels

I dont really care about the 18+ to get your P's rule, as i think it kinda allows for a greater sense of maturity when getting your P's. I just turned 18 and got my P's and i think that extra year of Learner driving was probably for the best.

For everyones information, here is the OFFICIAL list of banned vehicles:

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downlo...ed_vehicles.pdf

FWIW, I think this is the most retarded document I have ever read in my life, this country I was born in is going downhill really, really fast. It shocks me that this made it to publication, and gives us all a very good example of how Australias daft, aging population continues to corrupt the basic freedoms that holds our country together.

Can I control the media and brainwash some baby boomers too please? I guess they just do whatever Ray Martin tells them to do.

Like Zombies, the Ray Martin followers mindlessly spit out things like "P Platers are over representated, statistically".. and "Hoons are a big problem" .. I am yet to see real and independant statistics to prove this.

Do all age groups who hold a license spend a similar amount of time sharing the roads? Do certain age groups (for eg 30-50) drive more expensive, newer cars with higher safety features?

Does a P Plater in a $500 datto being mowed down by a drunk 45 year old beaurocrat in his E-Class really stand a chance?