SAU Community

Injector duty

Guest KILLER-T

KillerT,

Fitting the Malpassi is pretty straight forward, just need to choose an appropriate mounting location for it. I can post some pics of mine if you need a good layout and location of all of the lines. No you won't need any retune, the car should behave identically it just won't run out of pressurised fuel. I have mine set to about 30psi, you will need to increase this as your power increases, too ensure sufficient fuel pressure at all times.

Macka,

It looks like project, "Up boost", has been green lighted. Need the clutch before you give it more power?

See'ya:burnout:

about compression ,On my civic i was running a comp ratio of 10.4. With a t3 and 14psi ,that's on stock internals ,The key is tunning .higher comp just means less room for tunning mistakes.That's why i had to decomp it cause every1 was too scared to tune it (unless i sent it to the states where 600hp honda' run a comp of 11.4 with t66's on 20psi)so now with lower comp it makes it heaps better to tune but i lost a fair bit of power :mad:

If someone can tune it for u then do it but not without a good comp like a motec.

But on the other hand my civic has a almost perfect rod stroke ratio,im not to sure if skylines do or not .

I think Macka was already having difficulty with the tuning, therefore relying on the ROM might have been pushing it. It seems that the consensus is that he will have no problems at that boost level, so once he has the clutch don we will expect big things.

I would have thought any 600hp car would have used forged internals? I think the Skylines are under square for bore/stroke, hence the reason you have to rev them hard to get power.

Originally posted by KILLER-T

Ok so a Malpassi rise rate fuel regulator will help me.Are they hard to fit your self or am i going to have to put it on a dyno for a fuel remap

You will probably like to have a remap so you can get the fuel pressure setting right for the duty cycle you want.

If you put the rising rate on it will load up the fuel pump more, decreasing its maximum flow volume as the pressure is raised. I say the pump you fitted will do very well all the same with the power you have.

550's take the stain off the pump because you don't need anywhere near as much baseline fuel pressure as the stockies and therefore your fuel pump will live longer, having a lower duty cycle.

Rev210/KillerT,

In general unless your planning on raising the fuel pressure through the roof then it won't need retuning. The fuel pump won't be loaded up suffciently much to warrant this, none of the people that we have put it on bothered, and the cars run just fine.