SAU Community

help.! poor fm reception.!

mook1

well i may b a little silly...! so i have bought a alpin 9831 head unit from the us.. seems really good but fm cuts in and out alot.. i listen the the radio alot so this is gonna b frustrating... can any one help me fix this problem...? thanks..!

the r32 has the aerial in the windscrean.if you look at it you will see 2 lines one in the center and one on the left hand side.i have the same prob.i dont think it works to well with fm so i think iam going to replace it

hope that helped

I am using a 9827 and the fm reception is satisfactory. You have connected the antenna with an adapter plug, right?

Apparently if you also reconnect the factory amp back up to your new HU there is an fm booster in there. My memory is a bit vague, have a read through the R32 Stereo Installation sticky.

Mark

well i may b a little silly...! so i have bought a alpin 9831 head unit from the us..  seems really good but fm cuts in and out alot.. i listen the the radio alot so this is gonna b frustrating... can any one help me fix this problem...?  thanks..!

All nissan cars from 90 omwards have the antenna in the rear screen at the top .. If you have tinted windows and u have used a metalised film that will cause recetion problem .. Can be fixed by puting a fm booster on it

You need to connect the black/red wire to the blue wire on your stereo.

There is nothing wrong with the stereo or the factory aerial.....

what..? why would i need to do that..? what is the red and black one and what is the blue one.? my blue one is for the amp.. i have a r33 gts-t by the way.. can i just get an fm booster.?