SAU Community

Looks or performance?

YBSLO4

Originally posted by rs73

I have been driving for 14 years (since 1988), and only 2 light accidents during the first years of driving my small powered car with 1.0 litre 4-cyl engines. All my other (higher powered) cars during the past 10 years have been totally accident-free. Still, I am signing up for a one day intensive advance driving session after the New Year. I am sure I will still learn a thing or two from it. Will let you all know how it goes and if it's worth the money... If it's good, I will sign up a 2nd stage advance driving (slalom skill), then 3rd stage (circuit racing). They're expensive (expect to spend close to $900 for all 3 levels) so will see how the first one goes...

Everyone will learn a thing or 2. I went out with a few guys from here to Peter Finlay's course and even the expreienced guys picked up a few pointers.

Originally posted by predator666

whats FWD? :)

Front wheel Drive...

or

***in Wicket Driver!

I think looks are as important as the performance...

if you see the old banged up torana or germini does 12 or 11 secound 1/4 miles..etc. but at the end of the day , they are shitty looking car...and old!

I think I like concept of sleeper like Adams car! AKA Killer-T. his car is sleeper but then again he is looking for install GTR Kit on it! heheh ;)

cheers

Joe

silver arrows, minh and myself....all learnt the hard way and got wrx's in front of skyline's ;)

nah, it was a great car, here was mine (sorry thread hijacking)

my_wrx_homebush.jpg

performance (and not just in straight lines) and clean car lines...thats my philosophy.

Hey guyz, thnx for the replies... thought i'd say a few things before everyone else replies again... i don't owe a cent on the car, i don't have no loans and shit, and yes i can drive it... anyone wanna come see then be my guest i will be happy to take ay for a drive. Why is it that everyone seems to think or more so stereotype anyone who is young and has a turbo car that other people would like to own bu can't for various reasons. Its good to hear everyone's point of view however, personally iu lvoe a goo dmedium, good looks, good go and so on. Its just more the cops i am worried about, not that i can't control the power... and i aint saying this being a ****y wanker or anything cos i know anyone can stack whether they want to or not is irellavant, but prevention is a sorta cure for the cause of accidents eh? Respect the car, it respects you... respect others, they respect you... I know i am friggen lucky to own what i have and i aint disputing that, but i aint the kind of person who owns a 'ful sik' skyline who is gonna boost the shit outa it, and run in it into the ground, i am talking more 'realistic' mod's, and mod's i wouldn't do if i couldn't handle it. I would like to see my car be something, something different to the 400,000 other skyline's buzzin round... oi want to be able to have the looks and have the go... so one day i can pull up next to a ferrari and rub it into the fag who is driving it to make them realise that they have wasted 400K on a a car not worth a 1.4 of its pricetag.

I am still stuck however as to whether i should buy my bodykit now or get an AFC and boost controller to get my car running nicely. I am now thinking more towards the performance side of things, as i have seen with mates that a bodykit looks good, but costs twice as much to repair. If i hit a gutter with stock M-spec kit iaint gonna damage an AFC eh? I am also tossing up whether to forget both them ideas and finish off my sound system... but i guess i have to just think a bit harder bout this one... everyone tells me different things and at the moment i seriously considering selling my car for a Supra TT. Ahh well then i have looks and go all in one... stock. Thnx guys, please reply again ;).

welcome dude.

The way I see it is...

When you are driving your car, do you get pleasure from knowing youve got a JUN bodykit bolted to it, or braking hard into a corner, throwing it in a punching out hard? Or... accelerating so fast it makes you smile as you're shoved into your seat or listening to some really loud music you can listen to whenever (which makes the car slower - speakers = kg)

I know which options I prefer. Driving is about driving, not what shape the fibreglass is on the outside, and now how loud your stereo goes. Not that I have anything against a car that goes hard AND looks good, but steroes just slow a car down.

it's a pity that i'm not late braking, pointing at the apex, riding the chicane and powering out of *every* corner i take nor am i slamming through 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th every straight bit of 400m tarmac i see...

yes driving is driving, but 90% of my driving demands a nice ride, creature comforts and a bit of looks aswell.

Not that I have anything against a car that goes hard AND looks good, but steroes just slow a car down.

Come on - you at least need a stereo for the daily grind! It doesn't weigh that much (unless you get a huge sub and box i guess). Sure sometimes its nice just to listen to the sweet sound of the engine, but you can't do that all the time - unless you want a race car.

I'm glad the skylines come with all the trimmings such as climate control, elec mirrors, comfortable seats, elec windows, etc or I probably would have gone for something more sedate.

dont get me wrong i do have 6" up front and 6x9's in the rear with a CD player, but all speakers will be removed for any off-street driving, and possibly mountain runs in future, but I really shouldnt be going that hard on mountains ( :lol: )

Originally posted by predator666

...the cops could be actively enforcing it: say an excel driver..

"nah sorry mate, you need an extra 100kw there for you to be able to put that spoiler on, i'm booking you. You're an embarrasement to the road" :D;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFLMAO - that's funny. I remember Mario had made up a Rice Citation that we should all start using...

Guest GR33DyMANGO

goldzilla that rice citation is classic. think i;ll make a few copies and put it on ppls windscreens.... hahaa:)

franks: sweet pic of your car as always:D