SAU Community

Keypad Immobiliser/Alarm

Links

Hey people, am currently trying to find out information regarding what the best alarms are to have installed.

I'm after one which has a Keypad and is atleast 3-point immobiliser.

Could you please recommend some to me, as well as sites/locations in sydney (probably on the north shore) where I could get them installed.

Any information would be great, i've tried searching, didn't find a huge amount though.

Thanks,

Links

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey people, am currently trying to find out information regarding what the best alarms are to have installed.

I'm after one which has a Keypad and is atleast 3-point immobiliser.

Could you please recommend some to me, as well as sites/locations in sydney (probably on the north shore) where I could get them installed.

Any information would be great, i've tried searching, didn't find a huge amount though.

Thanks,

Links

Get a tracker , dont bother with a keypad .

quicktrack

Quicktrack dont have any cover outside Sydney metro .

Ezitrak is the way to go and you can monitor it yourself , the only cost is a sim card and the phone call when you want to monitor it .

Only sydney metro dude as soon as you go out of sydney no cover .

ezitrak works on gps to lacate the car and gsm to call you , as long as it is above ground you know where is is , if it goes underground it gives the last known location .

I have had several cars with q/t and i still have an sti with q/t ( not connected ) , i installed ezitrak in it .

So I need a mobile + sim card, what stops a thief from ripping out the mobile phone - out of interest..

Keypad is probably more of a deterent.. means if someone steals my keys they can't just unlock/disarm my car and drive off in it..

What's the price of quicktrak and ezitrack - for the unit and than for installation..

Need to get this organised soon.. put a deposit down for the car.. woot...

So I need a mobile + sim card, what stops a thief from ripping out the mobile phone - out of interest..

Keypad is probably more of a deterent.. means if someone steals my keys they can't just unlock/disarm my car and drive off in it..

What's the price of quicktrak and ezitrack - for the unit and than for installation..

Need to get this organised soon.. put a deposit down for the car.. woot...

Nothing will stop the thief from ripping it out if the can find it , just like nothing will stop them from ripping the keypad immobiliser if they find it .

As soon as someone opens the door of your car , it will call you and tell you " i have detected an intruder " and give some options .

If they start the car it will tell you so , it will give you the location and you can shut the engine down on them as well .

If you get carjacked give them the car with the keys and as soon as they go away you shut the engine on them .

If you forget the lights on as soon as the battery drops voltage it will call you to tell you " low voltage " then when it drops more it will call you again to say " low votage on main battery switching to backup battery "

If they deside to tow the car , even if they dont open any doors as soon as the car moves it will call you to tell you its moving , it will give you the direction its heading the location and the speed its traveling .

As you can see it's pointless paying close to $1 k to get just an alarm fitted when you can have this for not that much more !

Ezitrak is about $12-1300 fitted in your car if you want to monitor it yourself .

$1200 - $1300.. hmm interesting.. well goto say, does do a huge number of different functions.

At the moment though I don't think I have quite that amount of $$$'s, but is something that I might look into in the future..

If someone ripped off the keypad, wouldn't it disable it completely.. otherwise.. really.. it would defeat the purpose.. personally don't know - just wondering..

Are there any other options that are <$1000.. i know - should spend more, however I don't have an endless supply of money and it's gonna cost me about $5000 to get on the road in the first place..

At the moment - might look into something like a MONGOOSE M80G.. something along those lines for the time being? many ppl use systems like these?

yep a fair few of the brisbane SAU members have them. ( I have fitted them.) decent alarm and no dramas. best to get it fitted properly. $550-650 is the starting price depening on what you get on it.

Brant site says that they are $600 fitted.. not sure how they have gone into receivorship if they are providing all subaru WRX with a Brant keypad alarm.. that seems a bit hard to believe..

How much does it cost to get a Mongoose M80G fitted in sydney - mainly on the north shore?

Does anyone have someone that they recommend?

In regards to brant alarm systems - you can still get them installed - they are installed by private installers that used to do them for brant directly. They will install the 3-point and the 6-point nemesis ($890 - if you are with Justcars). They also offer a 3 year warranty (i believe) and will come to you and install it.

Hey Links

Might be able to help...

I recently had a 6 point alarm with key pad installed into my GTR.

The guy who put it in is the head contractor for Brant but also does private work.

His name is James and you should be able to contact him on 0408 44 33 52.

He knew what he was talking about.

He gave me an excellent price and came to me.

Hope this helps.

Bullee