SAU Community

what r the best spark plugs????

NGK BCPR6ES, pretty much what everyone runs, they are cheap and good

Make sure they are the 0.8mm gapped plugs, as I bought some once and found after I installed them it mis-fired, and found that the gaps where set at 1.1mm

I use the NGKs.

Personally I don't see the point in buying iridium or plugs when coppers are absolutely fine and very cheap. The obvious exception is where its a PITA to change the plugs and the longer life of the more expensive plugs is more worthwhile.

LW.

Hey, i had a mech once tell me skylines wont run propperly unless you run platnums. what a scammer! He even made me feel like a twit when i told him not to touch the coppers that were in there (they were only 500kms old)

NGK BCPR6ES, pretty much what everyone runs, they are cheap and good

Make sure they are the 0.8mm gapped plugs, as I bought some once and found after I installed them it mis-fired, and found that the gaps where set at 1.1mm

Sorry to sound like a dope but does the "6" in the code refer to the heat range?

Can you get BCPR5ES if that is the case? A 5 heat range was suggested to cure a bad start when cold....

Dont think you can get them pre gapped they will come 1.1 hence the -11 at the end of the pn. you can get a special gapping tool but i usually just tap on the electrode and check it with feeler gauges till i get it right

Im currently using some OWS Uber Power Twin Irridium's Gapped at about .64

Running a treat... the came gapped at 1.1mm but it was missing under load... :P

need some split fire coils for that :)

either way the OWS's are running really good now. car hasnt missed in ages.

I gapped my BCPR6ES-11s down to 0.8mm. No wonder it was backfiring :) They were still at 1.1mm. Backfire fixed. ALso coated my coilpacks in roof sealant. Works as good as Araldite, temp safe to 150 degrees C and is only 7 bucks.

Car is running mint (touch wood ;) )