SAU Community

defected and speeding fine... great steps towards having a great day!!!

thirtythree-II

Last night I was pulled over for speeding and was busted with a turbo timer.... instant defect! yay!

The cop forget to issue me with a speeding fine... does that mean I'm clear in regards to that?

He didnt forget the defect notice though.... im due at regency in 4 weeks....

I spoke to one of the standards personnel and theytold me having a bleed valve is also illegal.... but my strut brace and k&n pod filter and fine.

Can i simply rip the bleed valve and turbo timer off for inspection and all will be good or do I have to have a presofessional perform these tasks, including ripping all the wiring related to the turbo timer and have the car tuned at stock boost?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I was pulled over for speeding and was busted with a turbo timer.... instant defect! yay!

The cop forget to issue me with a speeding fine... does that mean I'm clear in regards to that?

He didnt forget the defect notice though.... im due at regency in 4 weeks....

I spoke to one of the standards personnel and theytold me having a bleed valve is also illegal.... but my strut brace and k&n pod filter and fine.

Can i simply rip the bleed valve and turbo timer off for inspection and all will be good or do I have to have a presofessional perform these tasks, including ripping all the wiring related to the turbo timer and have the car tuned at stock boost?

bad luck there mate!!!

As far as a i know, any boost control is deemed guilty straight to jail and the turbo timer has to have wiring and all removed, do not pass go, do not collect $200 straight to jail on that one to....Then what ever they ping you for there!!

If you didn't get the speeding fine then you might get lucky, did he write it all out?? You might receive it in the mail or something stupid!! :chairshot

I generally find if you are not doing the wrong thing you will not get pulled over.

Well that is my experience, I was speeding down anzac years ago and got pulled over and defected (in a stock commodore).... that was my fault for being a tool.

I have since then owned several imports and yet to be pulled over as I now drive responsible.

did you only get defected for TT and bleed valve??? Coz that's only two items, therefore you only have to go to the cop shop and show that they've been removed, too easy, your only hassle would be if you have to go to regency. which i don't think u have to.

agree totally with you cefiro but i think he stated someone in his post that the policeman spefically assigned the inspection to be at regency. Maybe take it to the cop shop and hopefully they clear it there thus no need for regency.

well i'm due back at regency for my second time July 7th. my advice is to get your car as stock as physically possible cause from my experience and mates no one has got through first time, they will do you for the stupidest thing just to get you back to make some moeny, i had my car back to fully standard and they did me for a worn upper control arm bush so if you get through u got lucky!

I only got defected for the turbo timer, and ive been made to go to regency.... I rang the cop shop to plead why my car is classified as a 'major' defect and their response was that they cant make the professional observation that the turbo timer has been removed as they arent 'mechanics' but they still will check and give me the 'all clear' to drive it without a turbo timer till my appointment at regency..... farkin bullshit!!!!!! so they can tell me that the turbo timer isnt in my car, but they also cant.... weirdo's

Cop shop..... it depends how far away from the CBD you live.

From memory it was something like outside of the cbd by 40km's and you get to take the car to the cop shop for general defects.

I think with emission related defects you have to take the car to regency.

So guess where my car is reg'd.

All the way down south. :P

So was the bleed valve fairly well hidden? He still found it?

... i was told by regency that pods, strut brace are legal..... bleed valve isnt

I always thought that it was otherwise, coz a boost controller bleeds air from the wastegate line, & generally anything atmospheric before the muffler (whether it be a BOV, catch can, screamer pipe etc) is illegal.