SAU Community

Skyline 350GT - What are your thoughts

Blitz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah im a big fan of these things. like dino said they are everywhere in the US, and when you see a coupe on the road i get excited. it has such a presence...

2084564_7_full.jpg

2084564_8_full.jpg

hrm, is that an intercooler in that front bar? yum!

438549_34_full.jpg

438549_51_full.jpg

715349_6_full.jpg

must admit, they look pretty ordinary until you put some wheels on it and a kit (or a set of t!ts), but then they look farking incredible. like the ER34...

743629_18_full.jpg

nice a55! the car looks good too!

743629_32_full.jpg

743629_25_full.jpg

yeah...im a fan.

How do the American and Jap spec 350GTs compare?

We keep bumping into each other!

At the moment the Infiniti G35 is a luxury brand... they are US$30,000+ cars, well optioned but they screw you on the good shit like Brembo brakes. As far as I know the BMW 330ci and M3 are just over $45,000 there so the Infiniti is chasing some exotic tail.

In that light, the Skyline 350GT at around $35,000 Australian represents extraordinarily good value.

I maintain that the decision of Nissan Australia to not import the Skyline is a boon for Australian consumers.

If officially imported, it's a $80,000+ car.

As it stands it's a <$40,000 car! Nowhere else in the world can you buy this calibre of car for this amount of money.

I personally have no love of the French motor... and I'm no fan of the styling but the 350GT is miles better looking than the 350z and it has the special Skyline aura. I want to hate it but it's growing on me.

Oh and I always maintain that the S14 and R33 are distant cousins to the Camry/Magna esp. in the nose department.

T.

Has anyone heard anything about when compliance will be ready???

Ernie from Skyline imports QLD is saying any day now - for the 4 doors

Zoran from Japp sport is saying 2 weeks for the 2 door.

Craig from J-Spec says 3-5 weeks !!

Are any of them telling the truth??? I want one :P

Hey,

I thought this car looked familiar. I saw my first 350GT on Sunday night on Cleveland St near the city. It had temporary licence plates so it might have been out on a test drive.

From my rear view mirror and on the side I thought it was a 350Z, so I was pretty amused when it zoomed past and I saw the Skyline badge on the rear.

Looked hot, I like.

I followed the guy until he turned off at anzac prd, he was really booting it.

Edited by Gengis

I'm ready to buy!

Are any of the Importers ready to sell ???

Please post your info here if you know anything....

Just Jap has one coming, might be worth giving them a call

• 3 weeks later...

Snap out of it people. I thought the R34 was ugly..... they're getting worse everytime.... At least the '34 still has the stovetops, how can u even call it a skyline without those taillights? just wondering who'd be the first w@nker to be caught in one.

pure filth, a shame to the skyline name, wheres the congruency that was there for generations - I was disgraced when I seen these as even concepts compared to the concept that looks like a modified sleek R34, who woulda thought they chose this crap over the other concept

350Z looks much nicer

at least they didnt class it as a R35 - hopefully there will be a real R35 to continue the skyline name.

Edited by DarKZer0