SAU Community

First car? and what was yours?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mashrock

vl commodore was the first one i got to drive.

but i did have a few rallied up old school chrysler/mitsu lancers and galants.

Got an Ep71 Starlet with 1.5 turbo for racing before i got my license (still own it now) Then bought a bright yellow '93 180sx turbo. Sold that a year later for my '32 4 dr. Not as fast...but will be soon! Drove the 20B cosmo on my L's though, loved that car..

My 1st car was a N/A R33 auto skyline.. soooo BORING. i got bored of it after a month..

Then again be4 i had my licence i purchased an unregisted old skool 80's celica and used to take it bush every weekend and thrash the absolute CRAP out of it for a day.. :D

I'm a Nissan fan from wayback, my first car was a 1970 Datto Sunny .. all 998cc of menace :D, After that was an R30 Skyline, then a Ford Laser (the horrible twin-carby "sports" model) and now driving a Pintara TR-X (stop laughing). Trying to convince the missus that a Stagea RS Four would be a good idea with another bub on the way :D

Just brought what will be my official first car cuz im not including my old 81 sigma that i use as a paddock basher. It's an 84' z31 300zx N/A, not much at the moment, bought off these forums u might have seen for $600 :( Gunna be fun doing it up tho and plenty enough power for me.

hey i have a 79 sigma paddock basher! so unroadworthy, and undriveable too, with a rooted tourque converter/gearbox/diff that makes a lovely clunk and shakes the whole car going up hills. its great fun, driving over small trees..

1983 BMW 528i - Learnt in the car, took the tests in the car, passed the test in the car, had my first accident in the car.

Overall a solid car, but very very expensive whenever anything needs to be done to it. Still got it at the moment, sitting there on 18s, with M-Tech bodykit and exhaust...

1979 TE 4.1ltr 4speed Cortina burn out machine. :)

Had some awesome fun in that car and was suprisingly quick for what it was.

It had a mild cam, holley and extractors.

Peak power felt as if it was some where just before 5000rpm.

Had no problems pulling away from friends cars, VN v6, VN 5ltr, HQ 4door 5speed 308, 13B N/A RX7 S3.

I ran 235's on the rear, it used to launch off the line like nothing else.

And burnouts.. First second in to third on the spot.. To hold it down the road second was required, third would die off.

I went through 6 4speed second hand single rails (a couple broke teeth, and the rest were bearings and selector forks). I learnt how to rebuild the gearbox and after that it held for 1year without breaking.. Only 1 diff.

Awesome car handled well too as it had lowered springs and gtgas shocks. I remember my old may taking me for a drive in it and saying, you can either have this or a Mustang style celica 4cyl.. I said.. Whats this? he said 6cyl 4speed, I thought thats got to be quicker than a 4 banger. :)

Sold it, saved for my VL Commodore while I drove around in a little 4cyl Corolla, had the vl for 1year sold it for the VS 5ltr 5speed. That went through every drive line part imaginable inc a split rear subframe, so i sold it after 9months and bought the R32 Skyline. I've now had this for a little over 3years. THREE YEARS.. Says something I thinnk. :D