SAU Community

Alarm recommendations

Pawley

Fella's after an opinion on alarms that are suitable for adelaide vehicles. I realise some of the pager or GPS systems arent set up to work here yet (or never), and would like to know if there are any favourites amongst you all.

Things like costings and where to get installed would also help.

Check out the standards.

Not many come up to scratch.

Here's a link to some requirements which is pretty high from Young and Cool Insurance.

http://www.youngandcool.com/immobilisers.html

Here is a link to the Immobiliser/Alarm that they recommend.

http://www.brant.com.au/html/carsec.htm

I looked in to it and they are a very good alarm. Black wire etc etc

The alarm version is around $600.

for me i just got an alarm from autobarn cause a few of my friends got the same one ... i say just go to a reputable shop and ask to see what they have .. .check out the specs to see if it meets your needs ... can vary in price alot ... but i think its also important to park your car in secure places and not to rely solely on the alarm ...

anybody have good or bad things to say about the Boomerang system. Seems like an expensive option, but good to know that the alarm will page you if it goes off (and you are in range) rather than relying on other peoples reaction to a blarring car alarm.

Boomerang is ok if you in range, for that price you might as well get a tracking system for a bit more at least you will get a call on your mobile and if its gone have some tracking ability. Otherwise just get a good 3 point imboliser that is installed properly

i cannt find any info of tracking systems operating in adelaide

the subscription to these would be a pain in the a$$, but nice piece of mind

have heard stories of tracking boxes being found on the road where a stolen car was once parked..... i suppose not hidden well enough

U would need a GPS based tracking system in that case, Brant does this but would cost just under 2k. Maybe you can find another similar but i doubt it would be cheap. If the tracking system was found out of the car then im thinking the guy had to much time with the car, the tracking system main purpose is to alert someone that it is being stolen/broken into, so you can take action agaist this.

I put a boomerang in with all the options, i believe it is the best investment i have made in the car. I love all the options it gives you, and i wouldn't put anything else in my car's now.

I've got a clifford Alarm Arrow 2 and that isn't certified as it isn't Australian Certified.

So If the car got stolen and I was insured with them they wouldn't cover it.

Also you need to get a place to fill out the certificate they gave you.

I ended up going with Famous Car insurance in WA as they were 1093 with the mods listed FMIC didn't increase the $$ as it doesn't increase performance. :)

And they do fortnightly direct debits. That will come in handy in 2 months when I go to uni. No money.. :) argggg

Originally posted by -Joel-

I ended up going with Famous Car insurance in WA as they were 1093 with the mods listed FMIC didn't increase the $$ as it doesn't increase performance. :)

And they do fortnightly direct debits. That will come in handy in 2 months when I go to uni. No money.. :)  argggg

they sound perfect!!!

if only i didnt lose my licence ..... bastard

just car are too f@cking expensive:mad:

from what i have "heard" brant are pretty damn good , and good value. most decent insurance companies pretty much only reccomend theyre product

cheers

shannon

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a boomerang system in the R34.Haven't bothered to find out about all the options yet.It does seem to work well, but I never leave the car anywhere unsecure so it hasn't been set off before(touch wood).The battery does seem to go flat very quickly.

The EVO doen't have an alarm or a stereo.Will have to look into that(when I get it that is)