SAU Community

Rice?!? Good Or Bad?!?

^^^ great advice :)

Whatever you do don't get ideas from this site. Check out the galleries j/k

IMO subtle and tasteful works best. but at the end of the day it's your money and your car, so just enjoy your wheels.

:)

Michael

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok... well...

i recon.. go for it... Im a rice myself.. you all say its only a gts...

You put a sic bodykit dump it on its rails, big ass wheels... What are you gonna be able to do with it if its a GTR... theres too much hangin off it for you to go racing around a track.

I was in your position and decided to go the rice.. Im adding mods to the car to keep it goin.. but would rather spend the money on looks...

Everyone has there opinions... do what you want, your car, your money.

As for air bags... hmmm.. never seen em on a skyline... let me know how they go, might even put em on mine.. :D

Either way, you spend heaps of money on engine mods, or you spend heaps of money on looks. your choice.. Who cares what other people think, most will comment and give good looks.

i actually like neons if they are on a decent car. like my GTR R32 for instance. the outside is really clean and tough looking and the neons just make it stand out at night. even the neons are understated. a nice blue colour. at the end of the day just be happy.

peace brothers

kermit

rice can just become a forumla thing you are right.. but if you can do things differently its sometimes ok..

I get bored of looking at your standard Skyline often.. and often get sick of the exact same rice look.. or that which makes you go "omg, thats terrible".. some rice in moderation can make the car stand out as being "yours" rather than the guy next doors.

Your creativity will define how unique it is I guess, without looking bad :D

What are you gonna be able to do with it if its a GTR... theres too much hangin off it for you to go racing around a track.

exactly.. often a car too low, or with a bodykit too low will make it a bitch to drive on any country road, etc... You're worried about it all the time. If you're going to drive in the city and you drive carefully, you might get away with it. But when you are putting over speed bumps 2km/hr because of scrape issues, then I think its just a bit stupid.

If you drive hard, and don't have millions of dollars, rice can be expensive..

I actually sold my last skyline as it had too much rice, not enough power and handling. The stress of worying about bodykits, and spending thousands of respray costs, scraping this and that, getting it trashed or keyed, etc in the end was too much. My current car I care much less about, and I am happier for it :(

IMO don't do it.. you won't get a decent sale price. No one wants to buy a riced skyline. If they want one, they do it themselves.

Spend the money on a nice set of rims and a nice simple stereo if you can't do any 'performance enhancing' modifications. Get yourself a nice soft cruiser that has a bit of boot. :D

Talk about rice!!! nice, but would you really want to drive that on the street daily?

Mostly due to the jealous ****tards who feel the need to key your car just because they can't afford one.

Man seriously dont rice it....it looks GAY plus Skylines are made to be raced and driven with respect not made into ricebuckets peices of crap your taking the respectable name out of Skyline.........

Man seriously dont rice it....it looks GAY plus  Skylines are made to be raced and driven with respect not made into ricebuckets peices of crap  your taking the respectable name out of Skyline.........

its a GTS, and because i only recently got my red p's (coz im lazy) the new law in NSW says i cant touch my engine, its now ILLEGAL for me to modify the engine in any way shape or form, im looking to do some non noticable mods (extractors is the only one i kno of so if anyone else has any ideas plz tell me) but yeah, ricing it so that it looks good is the only thing i can do, when i get a GTR when i get my full license then it will be all about performace, but who am i going to chop in a 140kW GTS?

oh.. "hydrolics" its hydraulics

and also, for me personally, i think that ricing isnt nessarily a bad thing, i would personally go for a balance of looks (subtle) and performance. But i mean, like you said.. it would void ur insurance if u modify it too much, or the insurance premium will go up. so each to their own..

Then again, ricing is like fashion.. u can really go overboard (eg, huge spoilers, massive vinyls, vtec or gtr badging when it really isnt) or u can still look good by being subtle.. basically i believe a car is being "riced" when you try to portray the car as something it really isnt.. so when ur car is hardcore, u can have "hardcore rice" (eg pro drift cars) but if your car is just some gts that looks like it could be something else.. eg a hardcore drag gtr.. then well.. say hello to rice.

(who else thinks 'pimp my ride' is all rice?)

you are asking to have it stolen. especially having stickers all over it. trust me its 16 year old kids that steal cars and they see stickers and shiny chrome and want it. My freinds 2004 model M3 was stolen by 16 year old kids. If they can steal an m3 they can steal anything. and riced up skylines are first on their list...

put a tough bodykit on it and nice te37s or something and a 3" exhaust and leave it at that.

you will regret ricing it. trust me.

RICE BELONGS ON PIMPMOBILES AND VIP CARS!!!

]']Rice=GAY!!!!!!

i always laugh @ cars that have ricey stuff all over them.

spinners massive 20" chrome on a charade etc

yeah coz that is gay rice, as far as im concerened there are two sorts of riced up cars, the wannabe imports.... e.g charades, excels, the common model lancer CE's and the ones they sell here already..... there all gay rice, coz they have shitty engines that pump out a fraction of the killowats any real import.... skylines, supras etc do.

my advice, if you wanna "rice" your car do it with some taste, do what someone else said, look at the trends in japan and follow them, thats what gets attention these days in the sea of imports out there, its incredibly hard to think of something origional some other dude/chick hasnt already done to it no matter what import your driving, but at the end of the day..... its your car, if you wanna do all that stuff to it do it, who gives a f*** what anyone on here or anywhere else says. :wave: