SAU Community

Driving Styles  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just wondering (because their don't seem to be any interesting threads going at the moment, no offence to thread starters) if anyone want's to share their stories from when they might have been younger or if you still have the revhead gene in you today you could share with us any stories relating when you were in the car chasing someone through the hills, dragging someone off at the lights, doing a high speed run along a freeway or even if you have had any near death experiences in the car. Anyones stories are welcome, thanks. :)

When I first got my license, I did some pretty stupid stuff. Driving quickly, power oversteer, etc etc. I still do, occasionally, but not that often. I'm finding myself driving quite slowly, relatively speaking, these days.

In hindsight the stuff I did when I was 17-21 seems a bit foolish, and I had more than a couple of near misses that could have gone the other way. But at the same time I wouldn't have the skills I've acquired if I hadn't done it either. Its not like I could afford to take the car to the track as often as I did the Old Pac etc.

Going down the lighthouse road in byron bay.. which is one way up.. and one way down.. only I was going down the up way.. coming round a corner, locked up brakes in FWD celica, let off my foot just as I was about to hit the rock wall, car mounted wall on inner 2 tires and proceeded to ride around the wall (on 2 wheels scratching the hell out of the rims - we were on an angle similar to this)

- (wall) |\ (car) - with the road about 30cm from my drivers window.. rode it round for about 10m than came back down luckily on all 4's rather than rolling the car.. $1500 damage to front left panel where it hit the wall, front bar replaced.. and one hell of a scare..

mind you I won't say what was in my body at the time.. suffice to say if police had arrived.. i would have been in ALOT of trouble..

I put it down to the celica having a low centre of gravity stopping it from tipping over..

i used to do all sorts of dtupid stuff when i first got my p's. but for some reason when i started on my full licence i no longer had the urge to be an idiot on the roads. i mean i still like to go fast some times and take off quick but nothing dangerous to others.. i dont know if its cuz i lost my nerve or wether it was due to the fact i grew up abit and realised i was not invincible.. but i do think there is a minority of ppl out there who make us all look bad by the was they drive without due care to others and that i feel is the reason there is a witch hunt going on for modded cars...... keep it on the track and stay safe :)

I think it might have been a stupid thing to start this thread, I don't know how they could source it but I read somewhere in a magazine the other day that the Police generally hang out on the Hot4's vehicle modification site and proceed to hunting modified cars down and issuing them defect stickers. It's a bit different but maybe Driver is right it's probably better for safety reasons we don't go on any further, if the majority of people disagree with me then by all means keep posting, but if the administrator sees fit then remove this thread please. :D

Care to share any stories with us mate?
I think it might have been a stupid thing to start this thread, I don't know how they could source it but I read somewhere in a magazine the other day that the Police generally hang out on the Hot4's vehicle modification site and proceed to hunting modified cars down and issuing them defect stickers. It's a bit different but maybe Driver is right it's probably better for safety reasons we don't go on any further, if the majority of people disagree with me then by all means keep posting, but if the administrator sees fit then remove this thread please.  :D

lol...nice contradiction

Not even sure what purpose this thread serves, but anyhoo...

SAU does not condone any reckless or foolish driving behaviour. Doing so just perpetuates the myth of the hoon teenager. You'll all be the first to complain when Today/Tonight is targetting Skyline drivers and howling for tighter hoon laws. Use your heads, please.

Closing this thread.