SAU Community

New Mobile Phone Alarm System! Under $500! Only 7

GKTECH

www.gktech.com.au

These are brand new items and we have been working with the manufacturer to supply a QUALITY product. I want honest opinions on all aspects of the alarm system and I want respected opinions.

Features:

- All operations can be remote controlled by a phone

- Mobile phone module built in

- Warn in chirping or gleaming or in silent mode

- Central locking automation compatible

- Remote trunk release

- Remote start or cut off engine by phone from anywhere in the world

- In a hi jack the alarm will call the 3 fixed numbers you nominated automatically.

- No distance limit, the alarm can call any phone in the world to let you know your vehicles status

- In a hi jack situation the vehicle can be cut off by a phone call by your password and can’t be started again without the original key

- The alarm in it’s 2 way responding mode allows you to hear exactly what it going on in your car by a microphone that is built in. This can be monitored by phone.

- With the built in GSM mobile phone the police can locate the car easily by tracking GSM signals.

- In silent mode, no noise pollution.

The alarm is 1 point immobiliser standard but can be upgraded at time of installation.

We have tested 3 of these units already and found them to be VERY good.

What happens if I lock my keys in my car?

Go to any phone, dial the number of your car alarm, enter your password and unlock your car.

What happens if someone steals my mobile phone, keys and the alarm remote?

Go to any phone, dial the number of your car alarm, enter your password and turn your car off.

Are there any ongoing costs?

NO, there are no ongoing costs. You can use any simcard in the alarm system, some phone carriers offer free service and you only get charged when the alarm makes calls (eg. there are breaches) we suggest these sort of plans.

Can my can be located through the mobile phone system if stolen?

YES, police can track GSM signals and ultimately they would be able to find your car, but currently this is not on the top of the list for police officers and wouldn't happen in too much of a hurry.

These are just some examples of why this unit is SOOOOOOOO much better than the previous models of car alarms that we were selling. This alarm unit is so much more.

CUSTOMER REVIEW HERE: NS.COM MEMBERS THOUGHTS ON THIS ALARM

This alarm also comes with 2 remotes. They are not LCD but they don't need to be as if there is any breaches you are notified by phone.

AVAILABLE AT $450 DELIVERED!! IN MELBOURNE NOW READY TO BE SENT OUT!

Let us know what you think :rant:

Greg Kruse - GK Technologies

www.gktech.com.au

- With the built in GSM mobile phone the police can locate the car easily by tracking GSM signals.

Can my can be located through the mobile phone system if stolen?

YES, police can track GSM signals and ultimately they would be able to find your car.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to interfere, but I must point this out. There is no way possible for Police (or anyone else) to track and locate a vehicle using a GSM signal.

At best, the current cell site can be determined (which may cover an area of 100 sqaure kms or more!)

Even this is floored, as a GSM phone (or car alarm!) won't necessarily connect to the closest cell site (due to channel propagation characteristics like fading and multipath interference).

Tracking via cellular systems is curently a reasearch topic for 4G mobile comms (a long long way off), but is not confirmed and will not really be able to provide the the accuracy required to track a stolen vehicle.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to interfere, but I must point this out. There is no way possible for Police (or anyone else) to track and locate a vehicle using a GSM signal.

At best, the current cell site can be determined (which may cover an area of 100 sqaure kms or more!)

Even this is floored, as a GSM phone (or car alarm!) won't necessarily connect to the closest cell site (due to channel propagation characteristics like fading and multipath interference).

Tracking via cellular systems is curently a reasearch topic for 4G mobile comms (a long long way off), but is not confirmed and will not really be able to provide the the accuracy required to track a stolen vehicle.

Hi mate, my understanding is that the police can track exact locations.

I once got in trouble and needed to call 000, I rang them from my mobile phone and they knew my location (I gave them very little information as I was unable to talk properly)

Thanks for the info though :angry:

Cheers,

www.gktech.com.au

It depends on what phone is used to do the tracking... GPRS and a tri-band system would allow for triangulation accurate to an area roughly about 50 square metres.

However, if your car is parked underground where there is no reception, then this is a negative. I think the Brant system had this problem?

Pity you have such strict clientele requirements, would be worth a look at otherwise.

Can I ask why it's only 1 pt immobilisaion?

It depends on what phone is used to do the tracking... GPRS and a tri-band system would allow for triangulation accurate to an area roughly about 50 square metres. 

However, if your car is parked underground where there is no reception, then this is a negative.  I think the Brant system had this problem?

Pity you have such strict clientele requirements, would be worth a look at otherwise.

Can I ask why it's only 1 pt immobilisaion?

Hi mate, thanks for clearing that up.

If the alarm doesn't have reception then it wont be 2 way and will operate just like a normal alarm system.

I am open to offers on people purchasing (Eg. you have 400 posts, but promise to give a full report after installation)

The manufacturer said that it wasn't something they deemed necessary at the time, I am working on this with the factory and I will be going back over there in 4 weeks time to talk to them again.

More points of immobilisation can be installed via relays.

The actual alarm hooks up to the whole ignition side of the car, if the car is stolen all you have to do is call the phone and disable the car. Once the car is disabled via the phone it cannot be turned back on unless you enable it from a phone and enter the correct pin code. While the thief is in the car the siren and lights are still going off.

The alarm can also be used in conjuction with many other alarm systems.

cheers,

www.gktech.com.au

Is this alarm system going to be endorsed/accepted by the Insurance companies?  Most specifiy requirements of 3 points immobilisation...  how much extra cost are we looking at for the additional 2?

Are you based in Sydney?

Hi mate, as a stand alone unit it will not be accepted by insurance companies. If you want it for insurance I suggest purchasing a very basic immobilisation setup that is accepted by your insurer and then install this alarm aswell. As long as you meet their requirements anything extra is just a bonus.

We are based in Melbourne but we have installers in Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne.

We have already tested these alarms and we know they are great quality, the only reason we are looking for other people to test and review is so other people know they are as good as we say they are. The purchase price after the currect stock of 7 units is gone will be $510 + delivery.

cheers,

www.gktech.com.au

However, if your car is parked underground where there is no reception, then this is a negative.  I think the Brant system had this problem?

Since when? It is possible in theory, yes, but that means that the phone will need to connect to 3 BTSs simultaneously at all times. That never occurs. The phone is usually connected to one BTS and connects to 2 BTSs for a short period of time during handoff only.

Also, GPRS is a packet data service over the mobile channel, it cannot be used for tracking. The same goes for Tri-band, having multiple bands will not help you track either.

Ok I stand corrected... but I am pretty sure you can get the location down to a pretty exact location, definitely less than 100 square kms.

When all those new phones coming out, this was one of the selling points of them as you could track them if they are stolen.

This was one point that the Telcos and the Police were pressing as well!

But that may just be a scare tactic... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, so far 5 alarms have been tested and all customers very happy!!!

I will be putting one of these into my new car and then I will know how it is even from another country!!

Go here for a review done by a member on NS.com http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...dpost&p=1569579

P.S to the guy that came down in the R33 to check the alarm out and wanted to buy one but was waiting for more stock please PM me!! I had a virus and lost all customer orders!!

cheers,

www.gktech.com.au

Just a quick note:

All orders need to be received and payment received before the 15th of this month (eg. 12 days time) otherwise you will have to wait to receive your items. I will be heading over to Hong Kong for 1 week and then off to Taiwan for 1 week to find the best possible items/prices for you.

You will still be able to contact me via both email and phone, and orders can still be accepted but no items will be able to be sent out from the 18th of September until the 3rd of October. Please keep this in mind when purchasing from us over the next fortnight.

Thanks for your understanding and ultimately me going over there will benefit all of you guys here.

cheers,

www.gktech.com.au

I am interested in this system and have a few questions

Firstly I have a mongoose imobilliser allready fitted and was wondering how easy it would be to install along side the mongoose, and I live in brisbane and noticed you dont have installers here how would this affect any warranty issuses that may arise or how hard is it to install for a electrically minded fitter (me), if not me then can you recommend someone in the area?

Hi mate, can be adapted to work along side any alarm system or immobilistaion setup. Just a matter of wiring it up.

The alarm will come with a 1 year warranty. It is just as easy to install as any other alarm system, if you can read a wiring schematic, can use a soldering iron etc. then you can install one. Very easy.

Best to do it yourself that way you know you are getting a quality install, if you have any problems my installer in Melbourne can help you over the phone.

cheers,

www.gktech.com.au

I am asking the following questions, NOT to undermine your product, but to get a clear understanding; Is such an alarm legal? Does it have a fail safe system to disable the car while not in motion?

I have heard that previous alarms of this type have been banned/prohibited as it may cause a fatal accident. If a theif was to steal your car, then you get a message from the alarm, you disable the engine, cutting off; power steering, brakes, etc. The theif then looses control and kills someone or hurts himself, as a result of the your actions. I am sure the insurance will refuse to pay the costs, as the accident had occured, by you disabling the car while in motion.

I would suggest that all interested ppl contact their insurance company and explain all details of this alarm (especially the part about disabling the car's ignition system/power while the car may be in motion.) and ask if they would cover such a device.

Alan

Hi Alan, and thanks for your concern.

At time of installation you can decide what gets disabled when you turn it off via the phone, eg you can have the alternator switch off so the battery eventually goes flat, or you can have the fuel pump turn off, etc. etc.

As far as insurance requirements I reccomed getting the alarm installed along side a black wired set of immobilisers.

cheers,

www.gktech.com.au

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• If you've been mucking with vacuum lines, start there, and check you have your vac line on properly, and on a vacuum line that isn't flowing air, it's just a vacuum source.   When you measure your fuel pressure, are you measuring absolute fuel pressure, or gauge pressure compared to the inlet manifold?
    • That last number you quoted is right about where I'm stuck, pretty spot on. Now let me share some of my Dyno results. Stock cams, stock fuel pump, stock MAFs, stock injectors, same exhaust and everything else oh yeah I forgot to add tomei FPR, intake cam advanced 2 notches, exhaust retarded 1 notch. Let's call this Dyno 01.  
    • @Murray_Calavera I forget but it's well within the duty cycle limits, my tuner is probably the only guy I trust locally to tune, definitely not the best but with his knowledge and experience, definitely the best here IMHO. He said it's the most he could get out of it on the last session (cam change) and increasing the boost wouldn't give much more gains. Yeah, definitely plan on upgrading to Link G4X or similar but I'd like to max out my setup first which I believe many have done so around 500hp.
    • Yeah, so I think that is the point. If you presume a 25% lower reading on a chassis dyno than what the engine is making, then the most you would see from a 720HP engine is ~550wHP. "Lose" a little more because AWD dyno and the number will be lower. Call a hub dyno "wheel HP" and you should see higher numbers. But the horses would be a different size. And as Murray says above - an imposed 90% DC limit drops 550 down to 500 straight away. 80% takes you down to ~450.
    • Sounds reasonable to me.  Do you know what your injector duty cycle is? I guess everyone has their own personal limit as to how high they want to flirt with 100% duty cycle, but who knows what your tuners limit is. Maybe they like to cap it at 80%? Now your injector CC to HP conversion has a 20% hair cut on it, then through drivetrain losses, yeah 500rwhp seems ok to me.  If you plan to spend on your GTR, modern injectors and a modern ECU will go a long way!