SAU Community

Where to replace an ignition key which activates an alarm system ?

samuri

Where can I go to  replace  a remote ignition key which activates an alarm system and also  opens and locks the. doors ? 

The key was stolen but we have a duplicate which engages and disengages the alarm system , locks the doors and starts the car .

I am not even sure if what I have was standard  for the NM35 or is an aftermarket alarm. 

If after market it was installed in Japan.

I have a short  black thing  on my key ring( a RF transponder??????) about3 cm longhand 10mm wide which has to be near the ignition for the car  to start

I have a personal import NM 35 so the Nissan dealer doesn't want to deal with this vehicle 

regardless of the issue.!!!!!

thanks in advance

When you say "personal import" do you mean you are aware of all the importing steps and no-one added the transponder in Australia? We had a fob like that on our old Cube which was for an immobiliser installed by the importer (Just Jap)

If you are certain that fob was on the keys in Japan then it is a bit trickier to find someone local who can help.

In any case, if you want a single fob to remote central lock and immobilise, what you need is a competent local installer to put a new system in as your current remote central locking is on the key and the immobiliser is a separate system on the fob

Good detail! 

So do you need the central locking key, the immobiliser fob, or both?  The key is a standard nissan thing from the period so just pick up a blank one that looks the same of ebay and get it cut to suit and coded at the same time (just need someone who can do late model nissans, the process is all the same). 

If you need the fob, that is a question for the autowatch dealer to supply and code