SAU Community

V36 Sedan front bearing shot - where to get replacement ?

one of my 2012 front bearings is shot (@130K). I'm on the hunt for a source of quality replacements.  Seems the bearing and the hub are an integral unit that's swapped out.  Ebay has lots of Chinese units but I don't want to be doing this again in 12 months time :) 

Where do you suggest I source a pair of front quality units from Nissan or ?? 

your knowledge and help are much appreciated !

Edited by mybrains
added text

as an update to my own post : )

part number is 40202-EJ70A. this has 2 holes for ABS sensor so it can be used on left or right side front . These are all OEM nissan hubs:

PartSouq want $854 landed for a pair landed inc GST

Amayama want $909 pair landed inc GST

Nengun want $761 pair landed in GST

Ebay.com US seller called apszone wants $630.54 pair landed in GST

Edited by mybrains
updated
  • Like 1

Good researching, the only thing I'd add to all that is that shipping time may be a bigger issue for you than saving $50 on purchase price....I'd check that out with each seller before ordering as some of them are taking months for deliveries at the moment.

If you are in a rush, another option is contact someone like Jesse Streeter who will buy it from a japanese nissan dealer directly at a good price and ship via EMS. I've received stuff within days instead of months that way

• Thanks 1

I rang around the local nissan dealers. Only a few in Melb warehouse (this seems to be ground zero for nissan parts). Dealer prices ranged from $561 to $510 each so the Australia tax is considerable (about double the US price.

I might investigate shipping from japan next as you mention as USA shipping is really slow for some reason.

Also found F1 motorsports had OEM for same bargain price as ebay (and who trusts ebay OEM to really be OEM and not a knock off?)

Edited by mybrains
added

1 hour ago, mybrains said:

I rang around the local nissan dealers. Only a few in Melb warehouse (this seems to be ground zero for nissan parts). Dealer prices ranged from $561 to $510 each so the Australia tax is considerable (about double the US price.

I might investigate shipping from japan next as you mention as USA shipping is really slow for some reason.

Oh the fun (not)

Hey mate, GSP make replacements for them 9400203 and will be way cheaper and just as good as factory. GSP hubs and bearings are excellent quality and have good replacements for nearly everything. I run the hub and bearing on the back of one of the GTR 32s and places like Just Jap, Kudos etc. stock GSP but mostly for the R chassis cars.

I didn't see them carrying the V36 part I quoted but they could get them, but even easier is GSP is sold through big places like Hardy Spicer and CBC so will be very easy to get directly at a good price too - I bet they are under $200 as an R32-34 GTR rear hub and bearing is about $170 each.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Ben

found the part # here and am chasing these outlets now

note these have 2yr 40,000kms wty and are made in china. I dont expect them to last like the OEM over time but I am seeing prices like $147 online so they are cheap and easy to get hold of locally. I'll just plan to check/swap the bearings in 2 years time :)

Edited by mybrains
updated
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, mybrains said:

Thanks Ben

found the part # here and am chasing these outlets now

note these have 2yr 40,000kms wty and are made in china. I dont expect them to last like the OEM over time but I am seeing prices like $147 online so they are cheap and easy to get hold of locally. I'll just plan to check/swap the bearings in 2 years time :)

GSP have facilities in both China and North America not that it matters - I'll take a shot that the OEM ones are not made in Japan anyway and are not any better. The 32 ones have been in for over 3 years and replaced flogged out factory items where the bearing cups were completely stuffed.

They'll be fine 👍

Hi All. In summary I found out how to get the Japanese OEM front bearing hubs for $99.72 +GST each !

how did I locate them?

First go to the online catalogs at Amayama here:

https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/nissan/skyline/12-sedan-right-v36-2010-r-1344/chassis-and-transmission-7/front-axle-chassis-535

The nissan part (40202M) has 2 codes being original 40202EJ70A, replaced by: 402024GA0A

I found out from web searches that NSK make em so I searched ebay.com for "NSK + nissan part number 402024GA0A" (ebay in USA, NOT AUSTRALIA). Once I found a random NSKhub bearing listing, I grabbed the USA NSK part number (they had a picture of the NSK box and it had a code on it)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/323822558755

I then rang NSK Australia in Victoria on 03 9765 4400. I talked to Angela and she took the US part number (ZA-/HO/66BWKH26J-Y01) and gave me the Australian eqiv. (ZA-/HO/68BWKH18D-Y01). NSK have many distributors but I chose Statewide bearings in Brisbane and gave them that Aussie ref number (ZA-/HO/68BWKH18D-Y01).

https://www.statewidebearings.com.au/

They located them in the Melb warehouse and shipped them onight.

Funny Nissan wanted >$1000 a pair and I ended up paying $220.

Edited by mybrains
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2022 at 6:51 AM, Duncan said:

Good work, and thanks for posting up part# for the next person who needs them

We just need an update after you fit them to confirm they were right :)

yes, bearings installed and car runs fine. Note this is the RWD version of the V36. AWD uses a different bearing