SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Nisskid, you are the man!

Rather than reading through 31 pages to get the information I require, would you kindly be able to tell me what is the widest wheel width, wheel offset and tire combination that I could run on an R32 GTS-T without lipping, rolling, pumping guards etc?

Thanks champ :)

Edit: On an 18 inch rim

Edited by Sparkys

Hi,

Would 225/45 (front), and 245/45 (rear) have any difficulty?

Thank you.

with standard camber arms the rears will probably JUST scrub on standard guards depending on ur suspension, fronts will be fine. if u have camber correction on the rear ur rears will almost certainly scrub to an extent. a guard roll will stop that tho, no need for a flare or anything.

Nisskid, you are the man!

Rather than reading through 31 pages to get the information I require, would you kindly be able to tell me what is the widest wheel width, wheel offset and tire combination that I could run on an R32 GTS-T without lipping, rolling, pumping guards etc?

Thanks champ :cool:

Edit: On an 18 inch rim

well, this ones slightly difficult, i ran a 9.5 +38 and i still consider it the widest possible setup without overlapping the rear hicas rod end, with standard camber arms, and standard guards. i ran a 255/45 on it and it just scrubbed a tiny bit.

now few issues here, the 255/45 profile is too high really, ud be better off with a 255/40, this will help with scrubbage. as mentioned i was running standard camber arms, this gave me more clearance as i ran more camber than i do now (-2 then, -1 now), if ur after maximum grip u would be best running around -0.5 camber or so, which will pull the top of the tyre out and completely throw out ur fitment. then the final issue, and probably the most important is whether the design of the wheel fits over the hicas rod end. now just about all 17's dont, but some 18's do. there's no way to find out whether they will or not without trialling it out, each wheel uses a slightly different rim design. if it does fit over it means u can go a much higher offset which will allow u to go wider.

i know it's not a comprehensive answer, but there's always a few factors that get u when ur aiming for tight wheel fitment.

Thanks mate. The wheels I'm chasing (and saving for) are Volk GT-C in Spark Silver.

So based on your information if I get a pair of 18 x 8" with a +38 offset for the front, and a pair of 18 x 9" with a +38 offset and fit them with a 235/45 on the front and a 245/45 on the back to be safe I should be ok.....

with standard camber arms the rears will probably JUST scrub on standard guards depending on ur suspension, fronts will be fine. if u have camber correction on the rear ur rears will almost certainly scrub to an extent. a guard roll will stop that tho, no need for a flare or anything.

I have stock suspension. Thank you, for the info.

Thanks mate. The wheels I'm chasing (and saving for) are Volk GT-C in Spark Silver.

So based on your information if I get a pair of 18 x 8" with a +38 offset for the front, and a pair of 18 x 9" with a +38 offset and fit them with a 235/45 on the front and a 245/45 on the back to be safe I should be ok.....

firstly, those profile's are too high, so im going to assume u mean 40 profiles and go on that.

on the rear, yes, as long as u have standard camber arms, it will be tight, i cant guarantee no scrapage as every car is different, and suspension plays a big role. if u want to go as wide as possible there is work to be done, 9" and 10" can be fit under unflared guards, with 235/40 and 255/40 quite easily.

front will be tight with the upper control arm, my guess is it will foul. once again every car is different, but if be going for a maximum of +30 offset.

what exactly are u after? as if ur just after looks, then u could save urself a lot of hassle by just going a smaller tyre, if ur after performance then ur going to have to look into camber arms and reduce ur camber, then we will be starting from scratch, there's no point running really wide tyres to get straight line traction if ur running a lot of camber.

quick question for a r32 gts?

with rims all round:

size= 16

width= 8

offset= 10

wat would be the best trye width to run with rolled guards and coilovers?

hopefully looking for a nice snug fit real aggresive.

cheers :(

firstly, those profile's are too high, so im going to assume u mean 40 profiles and go on that.

on the rear, yes, as long as u have standard camber arms, it will be tight, i cant guarantee no scrapage as every car is different, and suspension plays a big role. if u want to go as wide as possible there is work to be done, 9" and 10" can be fit under unflared guards, with 235/40 and 255/40 quite easily.

front will be tight with the upper control arm, my guess is it will foul. once again every car is different, but if be going for a maximum of +30 offset.

what exactly are u after? as if ur just after looks, then u could save urself a lot of hassle by just going a smaller tyre, if ur after performance then ur going to have to look into camber arms and reduce ur camber, then we will be starting from scratch, there's no point running really wide tyres to get straight line traction if ur running a lot of camber.

Predominantly after a nice flush look with the guards, on an 18" rim. Not aiming for the absolute widest I can go coz not keen to lip roll etc. My offsets guesstimations may be wacky! If I went for an 8" rim on the front and a 9" rim on the back, what offsets and tyres would you recommend?

well 2 things, if u want a "flush" look ur going to have to roll ur guards and go a smaller tyre or wider wheel (my suggestion)

if i wanted a tough look with 18's on just rolled guards but didnt want to stretch a lot id go a 18x9 +25 with 235/40 and 18x10 +30 with 245/40, with a decent roll they wont scrub. thats also assuming ur running stock arms.

hey everyone, i want advice from you experienced guys,,, i have a r34 gtt and i want to get 18”rims,, i was thinking about getting the rear ones wider than the front ones but i dont want to do too much modification to my car to fit them,,, my question is what width rims should i get in the front and in the back and what offset??

btw right no i have on the car that fitting with no problems

front: 17x8 235/45ZR17

rear : 17x9 255/45ZR17

thanks a lot for your help and adviceS

hey everyone, i want advice from you experienced guys,,, i have a r34 gtt and i want to get 18”rims,, i was thinking about getting the rear ones wider than the front ones but i dont want to do too much modification to my car to fit them,,, my question is what width rims should i get in the front and in the back and what offset??

btw right no i have on the car that fitting with no problems

front: 17x8 235/45ZR17

rear : 17x9 255/45ZR17

thanks a lot for your help and adviceS

I think with standard guards you've got decent tread as it is. If you like the fitment that you have now then just get the same in 18's.

The tyre sizes would have a lower profile. Like 235/40/18 instead of 45 profile.

Are you sure they're 255/45/17's? That seems a bit high?

I think with standard guards you've got decent tread as it is. If you like the fitment that you have now then just get the same in 18's.

The tyre sizes would have a lower profile. Like 235/40/18 instead of 45 profile.

Are you sure they're 255/45/17's? That seems a bit high?

thanks for the reply Russell

yeah i'm sure of the size,,,

but i went to do alignment and wheel balance today and found that my tyres so worn off they almost look like slicks,,especially the rear ones, i had them installed new a year ago so i've been on them for 20000km at most, and i didnt do the alignment since i installed them,,, i dont do burn off or drift with my car, but i drive fast,,

do u think they are worn off because i didnt align them regularly or do u think that happened because of their size

btw i did cut the black plastic where the used to rub when i turn sharply, but that was when i first fitted them on the car

i have 17x 9 +30, Just standard r33 GTR wheels on my r33 sedan. Which fit without any rolling. Im going to add 15mm spacer to front and 20mm to rear shortly . Shall up date with fitment details haha

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the reply Russell

yeah i'm sure of the size,,,

but i went to do alignment and wheel balance today and found that my tyres so worn off they almost look like slicks,,especially the rear ones, i had them installed new a year ago so i've been on them for 20000km at most, and i didnt do the alignment since i installed them,,, i dont do burn off or drift with my car, but i drive fast,,

do u think they are worn off because i didnt align them regularly or do u think that happened because of their size

btw i did cut the black plastic where the used to rub when i turn sharply, but that was when i first fitted them on the car

They are not worn out because of the size. It won't really matter.

If you care about tyre life get an alignment every time you fit new tyres.

They are not worn out because of the size. It won't really matter.

If you care about tyre life get an alignment every time you fit new tyres.

and if u thrash or see some track, then more often than that. i try to get an alignment at least once every few months, and rarely is it still within spec when it gets on the aligner each time.