SAU Community

Upgrading To Steel Turbos

BNR

Ive currently got a R32 GTR with the standard ceramic turbos and want to boost up to about 1.2 BAR but at that level id say they will die.

Would some standard R34 turbos do the job ?

I havent got that much to spend but would R34 turbos @ 1.2BAR and a power FC get some good power ? 260rwkw ?

Also i dont think i would need to upgrade the fuel system which will save some $$.

Whats everyone think ? I can get the turbos for about $1500.

well on an R34 gtr with stock turbo's, PFC, cat back and that sort of boost, I think it was in speed where it was shown to make 290rwkw or something.

so expecting 260rwkw on an R32 might be ok.

in another thread someone mentioned their R34 GTR with stock turbo's was making 0.9Bar at 3000rpm.

WRXHOON I think it was.

The Standard GTR34 turbos will do it, but take note that after being removed and refitted it increases the likelihood of the turbines failing. I fitted a set to a GTS25t and 2km into the first drive at 5psi the front one let go, wrecking the front 3 cylinders. To what extend I don't know yet as I still have to pull it down but compression is 25psi on the front 3 cylinders.

I have steel wheeled stockers on the GTR and they produce 260rwkw at 1 bar.

Ive currently got a R32 GTR with the standard ceramic turbos and want to boost up to about 1.2 BAR but at that level id say they will die.

Would some standard R34 turbos do the job ?

I havent got that much to spend but would R34 turbos @ 1.2BAR and a power FC get some good power ? 260rwkw ?

Also i dont think i would need to upgrade the fuel system which will save some $$.

Whats everyone think ? I can get the turbos for about $1500.

gtr r34 turbos still fail as they are ceramic still i just finished rebuilding one from that very problem

Save a few more dollar ~$2500 and buy a set of gt2560r 707160-5 off racespec you will not regret it. An exact $1000 now is cheaper than a $6000 rebuild down the road.

pete