SAU Community

What Kinda Power Will Steel Turbo's Make On A Gtr?

I found out my turbos that came on my RB26 are metal but they otherwise appear to be stock (AR .42/.48) So I would assume I will basically be running stock GTR turbos that won't fly appart. With that in mind, What are the turbo's good as in power? Would 400 hp be out of the question?

I found out my turbos that came on my RB26 are metal but they otherwise appear to be stock (AR .42/.48) So I would assume I will basically be running stock GTR turbos that won't fly appart. With that in mind, What are the turbo's good as in power? Would 400 hp be out of the question?

It's common to see people making 300kw@wheels running about 1.2-1.3 bar but you will need other supporting mods.

If the 400 hp you refer to is a flywheel figure, that is achievable with standard turbos.

Edited by PHATGTR

I have seen dynoes of Stock R33 turbos making 380-390 whp. Mods were exhaust/intakes and dumps. (Using a Power FC of course.) I was just wonding if anymore power can be made with the turbos I have since I don't have to worrie about the ceramic wheels coming apart or is 400 whp about the max the stock compressors/wheels will make?

I have seen dynoes of Stock R33 turbos making 380-390 whp. Mods were exhaust/intakes and dumps. (Using a Power FC of course.) I was just wonding if anymore power can be made with the turbos I have since I don't have to worrie about the ceramic wheels coming apart or is 400 whp about the max the stock compressors/wheels will make?

It's really hard to put a maximum hp figure on the standard turbos without knowing your supporting mods.

R33GTR turbos are able to support up to 1.4 bar, though they are pretty inefficient at this boost level. The maximum efficiency is about .8 bar to 1.1 bar.

The N1 (steel wheeled) turbos on the other hand are most efficient between 1.1 to 1.5 bar.