SAU Community

I'm Coming To Perth.. My (tko's) R32 Is Coming Too

Rezz

screw the skyline, bring back that white Legnum VR4 in the background

Shan... I'm disappointed. "Screw the Skyline" <- that coming from an SAU admin??? Besides, that ain't no VR4, it's a lowly 1.8ST GDi!

Hehehe... pwned!

legnum1.jpg

legnum2.jpg

@ GTS-T VSPEC: Looking forward to meeting you too. A cruise in my honour? That'd be sweet definately! Cheers :P

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Boostzor: WHAT. You bought the old Auster? Was it you? Trent sold it to you right? OMG that thing is a rarity!!! I thought when I came to Japan I'd see a few Austers running around but no. I've only ever seen one... and that had the CA18ET (you *don't* wanna know, trust me :(). If you kept it and fully restored it, 10 years from now you could probabaly sell it back to Nissan! hehehe Anyways man I look forward to meeting you too.

@ GTS-T VSPEC: Yeah I arrive on the 22nd, but the cars won't be here until mid-Oct at the earliest (they leave Japan on the 27th Sept). So they'll be on the road by the end of October.

yeah i can help your wife out if need be but im pretty far away from japanese community, im not too familiar with other japanese here... theres prolli 3 kinds i can think of.

1. locals - PRs here

2. students/working holidays

3. business people here for few years or so...

i can show you where things are i guess... like restaurants, supermarkets, etc...

I would have kept it but i needed that garage space, otherwise i would prolly have done that. Needed a awd box though :P

Mid october cruise is in order then?

Totoro: Rezz is an expat hes just been in japan for a fair while now.

Totoro: Rezz is an expat hes just been in japan for a fair while now.

My missus is Japanese... not me!

@ Totoro: Thanks for the offer. We'll see how it goes but I think the Japanese groceries are the biggest problem.

haha I accept my pwnage. Looked like a VR4 bodykit from the first bunch of pics anyways.

Right now I'd trade a skyline in for a Legnum VR4 because I badly need a car with a tow hook to tow the AE86 around AND have fun in, while being a practical daily driver/future family car (starting to settle down n shit). Legnum or Stagea or Caldina wagon methinks.

Hey Rezz!

U must be looking forward to coming back (note sarcasm) haha

anywayz just wanted to ask you if while you were there teaching english were any of your work collegues asian? i am very eager to go to japan to teach english, and would love some first hand information on how it is like to work there as a teacher etc.

Hey Rezz!

anywayz just wanted to ask you if while you were there teaching english were any of your work collegues asian? i am very eager to go to japan to teach english, and would love some first hand information on how it is like to work there as a teacher etc.

Yeah, I really am looing forward to coming back... I'm serious. I've been here long enough (see sig) now that Japan is just another country - nothing special AT ALL... even Tokyo Auto Salon and racequeens and pachinko and... I've done it all **shock horror!!** Hahaha seriously I can't wait to get back.

None of *my* work collegues were asian, but I knew of a few working for other schools. Are you asking because you're not sure if schools will hire Asian English teachers? Well, Nova, Geos and Berlitz don't care - you just need to be a fluent speaker, but the private schools are going for maximum student numbers, so alot of them want only native speakers of English with no strong accents (unless your're Amer-cuhn of course... they rock) and preferably caucasian... the Japanese women have spoken!

I don't really want to speak too much about teaching now, reason being is that I lost my job 6 weeks ago now and since then I've been having the time of my life. The teaching was seriously driving me crazy having to be 'genki' (energetic/fun) all day, every day. Even if I was teaching cute girls all day it didn't make any difference... just get me out of there. Having said that most people can teach for a year or so before they begin to wonder what they're doing.... so you should be ok. Just jump in feet first and go for it.... I did.

I don't really want to speak too much about teaching now, reason being is that I lost my job 6 weeks ago now and since then I've been having the time of my life. The teaching was seriously driving me crazy having to be 'genki' (energetic/fun) all day, every day. Even if I was teaching cute girls all day it didn't make any difference... just get me out of there. Having said that most people can teach for a year or so before they begin to wonder what they're doing.... so you should be ok. Just jump in feet first and go for it.... I did.

Did u look under the couch, most of my stuff turns up there, or down the side of the car seat. :lol: Much easier to do data entry eh? that drives u bananas after a while though too.

English teaching seems to be the number one way to travel. One of my good friends from school went to sydney to do a course on teaching it then he went to China. Last i heard he was in rural china being watched by the communist party and being told that hes "too buku" im sures hes around some place.

Does it take alot to learn? i know alot of words but have no idea about sentence structure. Do you have to write as well?

Hey Rezz!

nah man they dont let asian ppl into japan :)

my quoting skilz r0x0rz joz

Edited by Boostzor

Did u look under the couch, most of my stuff turns up there, or down the side of the car seat. :lol: Much easier to do data entry eh? that drives u bananas after a while though too.

Sorry, I gotta admit, I didn't quite get that response... were you wanting to quote me?

Does it take alot to learn? i know alot of words but have no idea about sentence structure. Do you have to write as well?

You mean English...? :huh: Aaaah... somrthings not right here... I'll take a stab at it and guess that you're talking about speaking/reading/writing Japanese???

hey rezz groceries can be bought at asian stores so its not too hard or if you want to pay premium for a daikon you can as well! hahahaha but most places sell like shiitake now (thanks to cooking shows) and some supermarkets have been highly influenced by asian cuisine...

J R32: i personally have 3 friends in japan who are malaysian/chinese teaching english in osaka, tokyo and niigata so shouldnt be a problem being an asian but looking good always helps! hahahaha

also one friend is in his 3rd year so there is hope... but yeah 1yr is the average tolerance hence the average contract term....

Sorry, I gotta admit, I didn't quite get that response... were you wanting to quote me?

You mean English...?  :P  Aaaah... somrthings not right here... I'll take a stab at it and guess that you're talking about speaking/reading/writing Japanese???

Lost ure job? get it, und3r the couch :lol: u dont like being genki: data entry opposite side of coin. U end up like me :) illiterate and somewhat out of tune with the world.

Yeh the language of Nihonjin land and the teaching of said language. Can u just wing it or do you have to be like really fluent or just passable? just curious.

im considering going over there next year hopefully! im interested in the culture (mainly the 'towns' not so much the big city)

but yeah i think i already said i wanna go for a month see how much i like it, and consider staying there or something.

Did you know Japanese before you went?

Arigato!

hahaha

Lost ure job? get it, und3r the couch :lol: u dont like being genki: data entry opposite side of coin. U end up like me :) illiterate and somewhat out of tune with the world.

Yeh the language of Nihonjin land and the teaching of said language. Can u just wing it or do you have to be like really fluent or just passable? just curious.

Hahaha... I feel like Jeffrey from 12 Monkeys: "Right, right right... I got abit carried away..."

Yeah, aaaah you don't have to speak Japanese in order to teach English, but some private schools will require you to know at least some Japanese so you can explain English grammar to the students. Actually, I can explain English grammar in Japanese better than I can speak about cars... kinda wierd :D

I'd say know some basic Japanese will make the students feel more comfortable, and will take away the 'uncomfortable silence' when the student doesn't quite get what you mean even after 10 times repeating yourself.

@ totoro: Thanks for that mate, the Daikon will come in handy for the miso shiru... キューピ mayonaise and various Ajinomoto furikake etc is easy to find too?

@ MirKz: Yep, I studied at Nichigo Center and TAFE for a total of 7 months or so before I came... that helps out alot, but NOTHING prepares you for Old Japanese ladies speaking Osaka-ben (local dialect) at a million miles an hour to you...

Edited by Rezz

I'd say know some basic Japanese will make the students feel more comfortable, and will take away the 'uncomfortable silence' when the student doesn't quite get what you mean even after 10 times repeating yourself.

I know how to solve that one, u just say it again but louder :O see im a prufusseinel engrish teacher alwready :)

rezz: yeah can get most furikake and cupie(?) mayo and we got one that is super expired in the house and my mum keeps using it like its ok!

perth is pretty japanised so gettin those normal groceries is no problems... i eat some natto once in a while to pretend to be healthy...

once you are here i can take you and your wife grocery shopping hey...

also with teaching i think some basic english knowledge is useful like what is plural and present perfect... cos i know you dont wanna look stupid than your students (especially if they are mature students)