SAU Community

Cas Pin

mitchy_

whilst removing the cam gear cover to check out my cam gears.. i noticed the little pins inside the cas, and the pin on the camshaft that line each other up are broken..

only the one on the camshaft seems to be broken, but without knowing where to line it up with, i beleive its affecting the CAS, and my car wont start... it turns over, and makes a few small attempts at starting.. but it wont start properly..

any ideas? if the CAS was attached to the cam shaft, but not lined up correctly, would the car still start? and how would i go about fixing the pin?

cheers.

Been there, done that.

If you look very carefully at the camshaft side, you can see which half of the hole the key was attached to. You then need to visualise the CAS key matching over the imaginary cam key.

The CAS is also driven by meshing teeth, and it ends up that there is really only one position that the CAS can go back on that will permit the engine to start.

ya, i saw it had the teeth mesh... i can kinda see where the pin snapped off when ive got the cam cover off, and the bracket that the cas atttaches too off..

but when ive put it back on, and the cover on, its hard to see where it lines up...

cheers anyway, ill give it ago in better light on the weekend.