SAU Community

My FMIC finally fitted

Hey all,

Last night I finally fitted my Front Mount Intercooler kit with help from Cereal_Jacques (dave) and the services and workshop use provided by John from Unique Autosports (If i didnt have a hoist it would have been difficult)

The intercooler was a custom made Micks Metalcraft unit measuring 600 by 300 by 75 using all aluminium pipework with silicon hoses.

Unfortunately i was unable to take photos with no digi cam on hand however there were a few interesting bits of info I thought id share.

To fit the cooler we had to remove the small rubber "knob" pertruding from the from of the shrouds on the radiator. The re inforcement behind the front bar also needed to be trimmed to allow the cooler to sit in place.

Hardest part was getting the f**king grill out. Freezing fingers and cold weather dont help but we eventually got there.

Trimming the inside of the bar took 4 attempts doing it gradually to make sure we got it right, again without power tools it would be hard to get a good finish.

Cutting the hole in the gaurd under the washer bottle was straight forward and took only a few minutes, we finished it off with some rubber lining to cover the sharp edge.

Bar back on and a few adjustments to the pipes/clamps to ensure the pipe didnt touch the fan and we were sorted. The two lower mounts for the intercooler need to be adjusted on the weekend as the cooler is not quite straight so more of one end tank shows than the other but that is very easily fixed.

We started the job about 7pm and walked out just after 11:30 so not bad

Thanks EDS33T for the tips on removing the front bar by the way!

:)

BY BY (complete with large fridge :uh-huh: )

Originally posted by BY BY

with help from Cereal_Jacques (dave)

*ahem* My services don't com free you know.........

If anyone else needs help with anything, please call my agent to make a booking. I'm available for Birthdays, Weddings & Hen's Nights.

Originally posted by SDU4EVA

ahahah dave how much do you charge for half an hour? Your a pro right?:)

It all depends on what you want.

If you want straightforward fisting.......whoops, I mean fitting i.e. Pod Filter, Cooler, BOV my rates are very competative with any of the other streetwalkers at $40 an hour.

But if it's something more kinky like an engine conversion you will have to talk to my pimp, Big Daddy Skyline to organise a special rate.

But Minh, you can have a freebie......;) ;)

Akira: Yeah HPI would be nice......I managed to get my 200sx and car club in HOT4's so HPI with the sky would be a good achievement......

hows your car going?

Strich: its been pissing down until today

(now im at work %$#^%) so havent given it a good test - my car has HKS air fitler, HKS exhaust and bov also.

Seems a bit better but will confirm how different it is before i increase the boost.