SAU Community

Idle

Ive done a search and have read tonnes and tonnes of stuff but nothing descibes what I have. The thing is I drive the car goes well everything fine sometimes car idles at 650 sometimes 700 sometimes 800 the thing that is wierd is that at the lights on occasion idle goes to like 1100 and just stays there for a whole drive to next lights again 1100 i turn the steering wheel wait a few seconds and idle goes back under 1000rpm. I have read the skyline idle is a common thing but is it common that idle runs smooth but at different rpms. Would ECU reset do anything in helping the car pic a idle rpm and sticking to it. I check the TPS switch its all good. just strange thats all

Anyone have pics?? So all i do is remove plug spray contact cleaner then attach?? Resetting ecu is safe right?? I know you disconnect battery then turn on the lights till battery drained and stuff and keep steering wheel straight so hicas doesnt stuff up then reconnect then go for a long drive anything else i should be doing??

sweet neo in a 32 sorry i find that pretty cool. Yeh well with mine its not that bad though its kinda tempermental my idle it has a mind of its own. when its at idle its firm and doesnt move but is not always the same idle. Sometime its between 650 and 800. On occasion it goes to 1000rpm but I rev it or turn the steering wheel and it come back down. its more of an annoyance than anything else. Wouldnt mind my car idling at one exact spot all the time but ive taken it to nissan,mechanic and they cant fault my idle so next year im going to do some mods and get a safcII get it all tuned by a pro it should be ok then.

Edited by R33_Series2Lover