SAU Community

R34 Injector Flowed

Cubes

Some may find it interesting or usefull.

I recently purchased a set of R34 GTR Injecrtors (Silver Body) and had them cleaned/flowed.

As a nice touch Mildrens also engraved each injector with its corresponding number. :)

Pulsed flow was 80% duty cycle 6000rpm.

1.01% variation in flow. :)

While I was down there I had a little chat to them about tuning.

They told me they have this new little data logging machine that monitors flow and fuel pressure.

They also remove your o2 sensor in the dump, screw theirs in and tune that way to achieve the most accurate afr's.

They appear to do things the best way, their dyno tuning is also charged by the time used. Not for just a tune. :D

For example, a complete tune that may take 2-3hrs will cost $200-$300.

Edited by Cubes

Interested to know if these guys would adjust the test pressure to suit the fuel rail pressure your actually running.. since this test was 40psi .. since the flow and pattern might chang at a higher pressure ..

cost seems about normal though :(

I was charged $120. The origional quote was $150, he let me off a little. :(

The price was middle range, petroject I think they are wanted $168 inc. GST, the buggers quoted prices without GST.

There were others that over the phone gave me the impression they didn't give two sh*ts and were around the $120 mark.

They also didn't come with reports on each individual injector, just a yep we have got them flowing within 2% of each other.

Edited by Cubes