SAU Community

Pfc Tune

Damo

Had my PFC tuned yesterday by CRD in Sydney and am very happy with the job they did and the end results. made 194RWKW.

My current mods are,

Pod filter

Full 3 inch exhaust and hi flow cat

boost set to about 13psi

Hybrid FMIC

Ex cam gear

PFC

Now, what to do to break 200 mark???

post-3430-1129866939.jpg

post-3430-1129867009.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Use photoshop :(

Seriously dude i wouldn't worry about the figure, 6rwkw won't make that much difference. If your happy with how the car drives/pulls then be happy, don't worry about numbers.

If you want more power, time for a new turbo, something like a HKS 2535.

do u have a graph with AFR's?

what are they like?

are you planning on running 13psi all the time?

I was not given the AFR chart, I should call them, do u think they will have them saved in a database?

I may drop the boost back to 11-12psi just to be safe.

I also had compression test done all cylinders were 165-170psi. not too bad at all.

I was not given the AFR chart,  I should call them, do u think they will have them saved in a database?

I may drop the boost back to 11-12psi just to be safe.

Yeah, most tuners save it and can simply recall it in a matter of seconds

I'd be dropping the boost back a couple psi :(

Ceramic wheels are your enemy

good figure, how does it drive on the street? thats all that matters really

the 194rwkw powerfc will drive heaps better than the 201rwkw safc tune

looks like boost tapers off a little, what dump / front pipe combo do you have? all in all looks good.

are you happy with how it runs? now its time to see how the fuel economy is :(

good figure, how does it drive on the street? thats all that matters really

the 194rwkw powerfc will drive heaps better than the 201rwkw safc tune

looks like boost tapers off a little, what dump / front pipe combo do you have? all in all looks good.

are you happy with how it runs? now its time to see how the fuel economy is :(

CRD pointed out the boost drop off and believe the wastegate spring may be worn and leaking pressure a bit. Not too concerned about this atm.

I just have the 3 inch dump pipe from flyn, not the split dump with seperate exhaust for the wastegate.

Drives very well, in second gear giving it a bootfull from just putting along it will break traction anywhere from 60 to 80kph easily now, although off boost there is no difference (that i can notice). To be honest i was expecting a bit of a power gain while just under normal acceleration.

Anyone know if you should get power gains under light load?

I will see how economy goes in a few weeks, at the moment i am enjoying the acceleration too much.

Yeah, most tuners save it and can simply recall it in a matter of seconds

I'd be dropping the boost back a couple psi  :(

Ceramic wheels are your enemy

Already have, i am getting bad spiking from my boost controller causing massive amounts of knock. The spiking did not show up on the dyno cause they start the acceleration before the turbo has spooled up giving the bleed valve more time to adjust to the pressure changes.

The spiking is only happeneing when i put my foot down when the turbo is spooled up, so anywhere above 3000rpm.

I have dropped it back to 10 for now. sure can notice the drop in power. Knock is good now, cant make it go over 25, before i had a spike of 127 on the knock scale. Very bad i think.

The problem with having it tuned for say 13-14psi is that if you drop it back to 11-12psi chances are the tune is not going to be optimal as the tune isn't suited to that boost level.

Edited by Cubes

I agree..

Post up the AFR graph when you get it, im interested to see how they are :P

And with the boost, i would not expect the stock turbo to hold 13psi all the way to the redline, just as the graph shows.

Also with the lack of extra acceleration off boost, they probably did a full throttle tune, with not much work on the rest of the map, were u there when they tuned it?

The problem with having it tuned for say 13-14psi is that if you drop it back to 11-12psi chances are the tune is not going to be optimal as the tune isn't suited to that boost level.

If the tuner has done his job properly that shouldn't be the case. Boost is irrelevant, he is tuning to airflow as the primary load source, with rpm as the secondaary reference. Turn the boost down and the airflow decreases at the same rpm, which should be reflected in the mapping (ie; the load points used). If the tuner has mapped the load points correctly then no problems, power is maximised.

:P cheers :(

If the tuner has done his job properly that shouldn't be the case.  Boost is irrelevant, he is tuning to airflow as the primary load source, with rpm as the secondaary reference.  Turn the boost down and the airflow decreases at the same rpm, which should be reflected in the mapping (ie; the load points used).  If the tuner has mapped the load points correctly then no problems, power is maximised.

:P cheers :(

I figured this is how it would work SK. Cheers for the clarification.

I am getting the AFR chart today, will post up then.

And with the boost, i would not expect the stock turbo to hold 13psi all the way to the redline, just as the graph shows.

were u there when they tuned it?

Is this just the stock turbo simply running out of puff?

Does anyone else have a similar drop in pressure at high rpm with stock turbo?

The car was on the dyno from 5pm till just after 9, so 4 hours. I was there for about 4 runs on the dyno from about 7.30.