SAU Community

Battery prob

DVS-8OR

i donno i just went to move the car just then and wen u turn the key and see all the instrument lights come on, well they are very faint as tho they ain't getting enough power. sometimes it won't even crank then u wait awhile and it might start

once i saw my mechanic trying to start a car and it was also struggling, he poured some hot water on the terminals and up it went. but i'm assuming that just to melt any crap effecting the connection plus it'll be pretty messy if you pour anything in the boot of a skyline.

guys, battery will only be 12.4 volts at stand still, and 14.7 while running. if its ok when you leave it and flat in teh morning, you got a power drain over night. you wouldnt have an amp if your car would ya?

if your battery dropped a cell, it would be totally ****ed by now. if your altenator was ****ed, the car would be cutting out while driving, and it wouldbe trashed. the only way the deck would be draining power is if it is wired up to direct positive power instead of ignition power. i dont know what other electrical after market accessories youve fitted, but all i can suggest to try is checking them.

A healthy 12V car battery will float @ ~12.2-12.4V give or take.

A healthy alternator will put out ~13.8-14.4 give or take (mine is 14.2V)

*Important note* - this will not change with rev's. If the voltage increases as the rev go up (14V @ 800rpm 16V @ 4000rpm) the regulator is not working. This will cook your battery.

I'd get a multimeter & recheck your battery & alternator to see they are within the above V ranges.