SAU Community

touch up paint

predator

Does anybody know where you can get touchup paint that will suit the Skyline colour codes (I think mine is AN02 - wine red)? or do i have to find somewhere that can make some up??

Unfortunately seeing as mine is so low, i've managed to scrape my front bar a couple of times badly. Some places its just unavoidable no matter how careful you are. Because there has been a few really steep ones, the paint that has been scraped off is actually visible from the front.

One day i'm gonna have to get the bottom part resprayed i think - anybody know how much that will cost while I'm here?

I wonder, if you give the colour code AN02 to any Nissan Dealers, shouldn't they be able to get you a touch up paint? It's gonna cost dear though but at least if they have, you'll get the exact match and might well worth paying for.

I bought one from Repco, from Toyota's wine red, and it didn't quite match 100%, a tad too dark.

I've heard around $600 for the whole front bar if u can get a good deal - not really worth it at this point. Its just visible down the bottom and some paint will mean at least u can't see the white bits unless u get up close.

I might try Nissan and see. If they match to another nissan colour sold here shouldn't be difficult. Don't care about the cost. Even it was $50, it's less than a total respray of the bar.

actually... looking at the old receipts here from andrew.. $195 for fitting and painting, but he got a lot of other stuff done at the same time so maybe a bit cheaper.

I know somebody who was charged $600 to get a pair of sideskirts done but i think he did get well ripped off.

Still, getting the bar sprayed is a longer term thing 'cause its not too bad right now. It would have to get worse before i considered that. I just want some paint so its not that obvious.

Maybe if i just go into a decent panel shop and ask them to mix me up a batch??

it sounds really dodgey but at Big W or K-Mart in the "Car Care" section there is touch up paint. All you have to do is look in this book and it gives you the code...then you go find it. I got my hands on some Gun Metal touch up paint for the R...cost me $10. Its in a spray can and has a little bursh aswell. Its a pretty good match aswell :)

Its called "Power Plus Spray and Brush" sumthin like that.

Hire a compressor, get some paint, and sand paper, a bit of primer, and do it yourself.. doesnt take much to respray something.. just take your time, and a bit of patience, and it will come out excellent!

I did my own side skirts, probly cost me less than $100 all upm and they look awesome

hmmm..yeah, i could and of course it can be done - i tried to respray my computer case and it kinda went a bit pear shaped.. I'll leave it to the pros for something i care about. I guess with anything you can sand back and try again if u stuff it up - the difficulty is in the matching.

I'm gonna try and track some down. I'll probably just do what BoOsTeD_RB26 said and find that bottle/brush stuff and see whether I can get the right match. I did it previously on an old car and it wasn't too bad however it was an aussie car and they had the exact match to the code.

I'm gonna spray my xbox chrome tomorrow too :D just cause

Do the skyline colours match colours for say Pulsars, Maximas or whatever other Nissans they sell down here?

Had a look over the weekend.. Went to Repco, and went to Kmart... both had the most shitty collection of that Holts stuff i could see. Repco was a bit better, but just had all the holden/falcon crap. I looked at their book of codes, and they didn't really have AN0 listed.. they had an AN2 or something which was listed as a red for 92 onwards but of course they didn't have it in stock.

To Nissan I shall go!