SAU Community

R33 Rb26 In R32 Gtr

GFunk

i've done a search trying to get info on putting a r33 gtr engine into an r32 gtr. Found this on the difference between them performance wise

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...topic=92904&hl=

in it found this info - r33 has pull clutch unlike th r32 which is push.

my mate is putting a r33 gtr engine in his r32 and is under the impression that it will bolt straight up to everything. Keeping in mind using r33 ecu, loom and turbos. (using r32 gearbox, clutch + so on)

im not so sure.

can people please list some threads or problems that he might run into. thankyou

if clutches are different then this will cause a big problem? yes/no

yeah the engine will bolt directly up. the r32 gtr ecu should also run it.

r33 ecu and loom is WAYYYYY differant to the r32 gtr one. e.g the r33 have the battery in the boot!

just bolt in the r33 rb26 and use the r32 gtr ecu and loom.

cool, that'll save him some cash. umm, what bout clutches, pull/push. doesn't matter or is that incorrect?????????

it will all go in.

hel need to use the 32 clutch and flywheel.

also the 32  02 sensors. diferant. it will have drivability problems.

Drivability problems???

Why is that???

Aren't these engines very similar???

this is happening and if we are going to run into major problems then he'll be probably be better off getting a 32gtr engine.

i'm guessing someone must have done this before, can you please put in your two cents.

i'm sorry if this has been discussed at length before but i can't find anything. thankyou

32 02 senors are a "titanium" type. they work completly diferantly.much like a proper a/f sensor but not as advanced.

they vary a voltage going through them acording to the a/f ratio. rather than put out a ocilating voltage. i think.

33 ones are the normal type whatever that is.

besides i used a 33 computer on mine 89gtr(a/c testing etc) and full throttle is fine but light throttle was so bad i thought i had a dud afm!!

basicly any throtthe opening where closed loop control is used {everthing except full throttle}

it will buck and carry on and give him the shits.

wont notice it till they are up to temp.

i first ran in to this when i thought id use a 33 computer to get the better programing.(more torque)

hope that clears t up.

hey guys, i'm the mate who is getting the engine put in. Just signed up to the forum today. thanks for all the information, youv'e convinced me it's worth being a member. Hope to catch up with ya all if/when the car is back on the road. thanks again, will keep ya's posted with the progress.

here's some pics of my baby, not much to look at yet but give me time :P:):O

post-24483-1130987557.jpg

post-24483-1130987598.jpg

post-24483-1130987630.jpg

As for the gearbox, as mentioned just use the R32 GTR push type clutch and your fine. Engine doesn't matter, its the gearbox that is push type, not the engine :)

Good luck.